Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And the Thunder still have zero shot at winning a title.

No doubt and that’s mostly on Westbrook. A lot of people give KD crap for leaving OKC, but it’s obvious why he left. He never thought he could win a title playing with Westbrook.

As much as Melo is a ball hog and has lost a lot of what he had a decade ago - unlike Lebron - Melo was spot on when he spoke about issues with Westbrook.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No doubt and that’s mostly on Westbrook. A lot of people give KD crap for leaving OKC, but it’s obvious why he left. He never thought he could win a title playing with Westbrook.

As much as Melo is a ball hog and has lost a lot of what he had a decade ago - unlike Lebron - Melo was spot on when he spoke about issues with Westbrook.

I don't think it's on Westbrook as much as it is on Golden State. Until that team gets old nobody realistically has a chance to win the title. It's why I stopped watching and you can pretty much pencil them in for another title unless someone gets hurt.

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think it's on Westbrook as much as it is on Golden State. Until that team gets old nobody realistically has a chance to win the title. It's why I stopped watching and you can pretty much pencil them in for another title unless someone gets hurt.

There’s a good chance after this season that Green and or Thompson leave GS to get max deals somewhere else. The team as currently constructed likely has 1 more year together unless both Thompson and Green take less money to stay, which is unlikely but possible I guess.

Both of Green and Thompson took lesser roles to make room for Durant the last few years and it’s likely one won’t be back, Thompson’s contract is up after this year and Green’s is up after next year. Green has already stated he won’t take another pay cut to stay, Thompson has been vague about it.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Tom Compton is penciled in at starting LG for the Vikings. 

Thst might be one of the few LG situations which is worse than ours.

COMPTON: Hey, Kirk, it looks like I'm your new starting guard!

COUSINS:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Lebron to the Spurs. Wants the chance to play with a generational talent like Lonnie.

It's okay, Jeezy.

He's just handing the torch to the next generation a la Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan.

It’s a slow time on the Board so I thought I’d relay an experience I recently had flying and a great suggestion from Laslo

on a flight from LAX to MIA I noticed something very large and unusual crammed back in the “Lower Class” section (Soul Plane)- a large Hog sitting in the middle seat between two passengers. Not a fat chick, I mean a real live Hog! I asked the Flight Attendant in between my customary preflight routine of two Scotch’s and she told me it was an “Emotional Support Companion”. I don’t know what it was but all through the flight I was hungry for a Milwaukee Brat or a NOLA BLT 

i did a little research on this whole area of “ emotional support companions” and came across a piece from Laslo on this issue. 

[EDITED BY MODERATOR: I'll be nice and leave the link (even that is dicey), but the text isn't appropriate.]

http://iamlaslo.blogspot.com/2014/11/i-have-emotional-support-stripper.html?m=1

Lazlo is a Genius

• Like 1