Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Chargers lose second-round rookie Forrest Lamp to torn ACL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/02/chargers-lose-second-round-rookie-forrest-lamp-to-torn-acl/ via @ProFootballTalk

Horrible news for the Chargers who might not have their 1st round pick wr, Mike Williams who may miss the season with a back injury.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/2/2017 at 9:03 AM, mike23md said:

Is Brandon Kintzler really going to do something for the Nats bullpen. This offense is silly good, so I wonder if the bullpen is actually improved with the addition of Kintzler. 

Problem are the starting rotation is now banged up, the bats have gone silent two of the last three games ... and, oh yes, the bullpen collapsed again when they were hitting.

Should we make the playoffs (something that is now slightly in question due to injuries), we are almost assuredly one and done.

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Problem are the starting rotation is now banged up, the bats have gone silent two of the last three games ... and, oh yes, the bullpen collapsed again when they were hitting.

Should we make the playoffs (something that is now slightly in question due to injuries), we are almost assuredly one and done.

I think they make they playoffs but they are one and done again unless Scherzer's injury isn't serious and Strasburg comes back and balls out. They need those two 100% for the playoffs. I don't have a problem with the team being extra precautions with them both right now.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think they make they playoffs but they are one and done again unless Scherzer's injury isn't serious and Strasburg comes back and balls out. They need those two 100% for the playoffs. I don't have a problem with the team being extra precautions with them both right now.

As I said, I am only slightly concerned given the lead they have at this point. I just don't see them going far because the starters have to give up the ball and I have zero confidence the pen will hold up in high pressure situations.

11 minutes ago, Woz said:

As I said, I am only slightly concerned given the lead they have at this point. I just don't see them going far because the starters have to give up the ball and I have zero confidence the pen will hold up in high pressure situations.

The additions they've made to the pen have pitched well though. Madson hasn't given up a run and I think Dr. Doolittle had 3 saves in his first 3 games and he had a save on Sunday night also.

So, if Kintzler performs as the other two have they have a solid 3 some for the 7th, 8th & 9th.

Edited by turtle28

https://sports.yahoo.com/nationals-strasburg-feels-good-simulated-game-213113113--mlb.html

Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg said he felt good after a four-inning simulated start on Wednesday. Strasburg is on the 10-day disabled list with an elbow nerve impingement. ''It feels really good,'' Strasburg said.

Jayson Werth batted against Strasburg on Wednesday. On the DL since June 4 with a left foot contusion, Werth said he expects to start a rehab assignment in the next week or two.

''I haven't been running for nine weeks now,'' Werth said. ''Probably going to take some time to get the legs in shape, get up to speed.''

So I don't know if anyone watched the Texans vs Panthers preseason game last night but DeShaun Watson got a lot of run. I believe he played all of the 2nd & 3rd quarters and he looked very composed in the pocket and was pretty good at passing, extending plays and had a scramble for a TD.

As Heath Evans said at half time of the game Watson reminded him of how Dak Prescott looked last preseason and then it ended up he had a good year. It still remains to be seen but Watson could be the answer for the Texans at QB if he keeps looking like he did last night.

Savage looked good also in the first quarter (9/11, 69 yds, 92.8 rtg) so I imagine it's still his job to lose. 

Donta Foreman also looked good with 9 rushes for 76 yards. It's hard to imagine that he won't get some playing time this year behind Lamar Miller and Alfred Blue.

22 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ranking 2017's top 100 players in college football

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/06/19/top-players-ranking-2017-season via @SInow

SI did a list of their top 100 players in college football.

Well, at least the two Wahoos on the list might have a good chance to make some noise. Because the rest of the team probably isn't.