Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 7/10/2020 at 11:30 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

So I am not a doctor, but I can see this being an issue with Covid- air conditioning and being inside.  It's spread mostly through the air, which is where a mask comes into play to help prevent that spread.  The states being hit hard right now were the states that did just fine at the start- Texas, Arizona, Florida and California.  Besides Arizona, all three have extensive international travel areas, and Florida even shut down people coming from Louisiana (celebrating Mardi Gras) at the start.  

Now it's flipped, and I think it is because it is so hot and humid in those states that people are now heading inside to the air conditioner to beat the heat.  Meanwhile, the northeast, where we were inside because of the colder temperatures, are now able to be outside and many of those states are doing just fine with the numbers (they also didn't open up right away like the other states, so this is an interesting counterpoint to what I'm thinking.). 

So these places who are doing workouts and such now are getting hammered with positive tests because everyone just traveled in, and they are working out in closed facilities in close proximity to each other.  

So if teams could do a lot of their work outside, and really social distance the gym (or have players continue to work out at home) I think you could have a season without fans at the stadium.  But there are a lot of concerns even if this is the case.  

There's also a growing sentiment that I started reading about a month ago that the virus is becoming less virulent over time.  Some doctors in Italy are saying that the same virus that ravaged the country in the spring has now gone into a completely different, less involved/lethal strain, which is what happened to some of the other pandemic flus that we've seen over the years.  So a vaccine might now be the only thing that could help here.  

COVID don’t care whether your inside or outside. We all know how it’s transmitted and if you’re playing a team sport it’s very likely to spread the disease between people, all it takes is one w/ this disease. 

COVID is being spread throughout the south and at beaches right now, that’s what’s happening. In my parents hometown in Ohio of 4300 people and the areas around it, including across the river in Wheeling WV it’s becoming a hot spot and it all started when people started going to Myrtle Beach for Memorial Day and when the weather got warmer in June. 

The high school seniors back there do a beach week every year where they go to Myrtle Beach. 91 kids went, 50 of them came back w/ COVID-19.

And, you can’t socially distance if you’re a lineman, if you’re in coverage, tackling, or if you’re doing QB snaps or QB/RB exchange.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, let's not pretend that if any NFL team can't build or add more locker rooms throughout their facilities to spread everyone out.  In my job, one of our sister stores had the main water line rupture.  The facility is around 4400 square feet.  They cut a hole in the floor to access the main line, and you could walk from the front to the back of the store underground standing up with how much of the ground came out with the water as dirt.  The parking lot was caked in that mud.  Less than 48 hours later, they were open for business.  We are a multi-billion dollar company, and once the rupture was discovered, our recovery teams were there within an hour and corporate was getting other support staff booked for flights out that night. 

If an NFL team needs to do something like that, they can get it done quickly, no questions asked.  

This needs to be done and also I think it would make sense to have shifts of guys who go and take showers and are in the lockeroom. To me, it makes most sense to do it by positon groups.

If you have 125 people in a lockeroom including coaches/trainers/players then there are more droplets being spread throughout the air & sweat/coughing/sneezing etc.

After every position group goes in, then they sanitize the lockeroom & bathrooms before the next position group goes in.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

My lord the ads on this website have almost made it unusable on mobile. It’s approaching walterfootball territory now. 

Webby has asked that we do not discuss ads on the forum.  If there is an issue with certain ads that are making the site unusable, are intrusive or even your complaint, please shoot him a PM and discuss it privately.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Webby has asked that we do not discuss ads on the forum.  If there is an issue with certain ads that are making the site unusable, are intrusive or even your complaint, please shoot him a PM and discuss it privately.  

Cool. No worries dude. I’ll just spend less time visiting the site. 

• Like 2

NFL unveils Oakley face shield intended to enhance COVID-19 safety — will J.J. Watt be on board?
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-unveils-face-oakley-face-shield-for-helmets-intended-to-enhance-covid-19-safety-202117167.html

These seem like they would work, it’s goi if to suck for the players and be hard to breath in but it’s important. The league should mandate it. If I had to 1 to 20 million a year to play if I had to wear a mask I’d do it.

Edited by turtle28

I didn't have a blood relative die from COVID-19 at Wheeling Hospital in WV but, someone who was married to someone that is one of my closest relatives and that I love dearly did lose a loved one yesterday to COVID-19. So sad, he was so careless and thought it was all a hoax and didn't do anything to protect himself and now he's gone. Likely got it at a local restaurant/bar on fathers day with his daughters & his wife is in the ICU also, my uncle’s sister (not blood uncle).

Edited by turtle28