Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

I saw it briefly, my stepfather let me borrow one of his #14 welding lenses to take a look.  I can't believe there were signs on I-97 and 695 this weekend telling people to not park on the side of the road to view the eclipse and to prepare for it.  Like, are we supposed to buy bread milk and toilet paper here like when it snows?

Now back to life as normal.  

On 8/15/2017 at 11:07 PM, Doc Draper said:

I don't know never ever. Janikowski, Jason Hansen, Lohmiller, Rohn Stark, Chris Bahr, Ray Guy, Chester Marcol, How about rarely unless they are very very special. 

Problem is finding the "very very special" guy is by its nature very difficult; keep in mind the Bucs thought they had found such a guy in Aguayo. As such, the odds are not in your favor. As such, spending a draft pick on a position that is very hard to find is foolish. Hence my summation.

However, if you prefer, I'll amend it to be:

1. You should never draft a kicker.
  2. For experts only: you should never draft a kicker unless you are absolutely convinced he will be your kicker for 10-15 years.

Of course, given that "experts" are NFL front offices who rarely get #2 correct, I think my original point stands.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Problem is finding the "very very special" guy is by its nature very difficult; keep in mind the Bucs thought they had found such a guy in Aguayo. As such, the odds are not in your favor. As such, spending a draft pick on a position that is very hard to find is foolish. Hence my summation.

However, if you prefer, I'll amend it to be:

1. You should never draft a kicker.
  2. For experts only: you should never draft a kicker unless you are absolutely convinced he will be your kicker for 10-15 years.

Of course, given that "experts" are NFL front offices who rarely get #2 correct, I think my original point stands.

The thing is that Aguayo was that good as a prospect coming out. I would have never traded up for him or taking him in round 2 - that was idiotic by the Bucs - but I would have considered drafting him late in the draft if he was still there. He was automatic at FSU

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The thing is that Aguayo was that good as a prospect coming out. I would have never traded up for him or taking him in round 2 - that was idiotic by the Bucs - but I would have considered drafting him late in the draft if he was still there. He was automatic at FSU

Kicking is as much a mental game as a physical one. If you get the yips, you're done. You cannot effectively read a guy's mind, so why risk burning draft value? Even late round picks can be useful.

On 8/21/2017 at 9:53 PM, turtle28 said:

No he wasn't. He hardly kicked anything over 50 yards and when he did he missed. The polish powder keg was a special kicking prospect and that's why it wasn't a big deal when he went in the first but it was completely laughable when Aguayo went in the second round. 

Randomly: I hate incompetent morons. I especially hate when I've paid a company good money for work and have been apparently given incompetent morons in exchange. It is really chafing my britches that I'm going to have to sit these morons down and have them tell me step-by-step what they are going to do to unscrew their screwup and then how they are going to do it right, like they're a bunch of kindergartners.

/vent