Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/09/07/hackers-steal-personal-data-for-143-million-americans-from-credit-reporting-agency-equifax

Criminal hackers gained access to files that include the sensitive personal data — Social Security numbers, birth dates and home addresses — of 143 million Americans by penetrating a Web-based application for Equifax, the credit reporting agency said Thursday.

The breach, which the company said began in May, was discovered in July. Though Equifax said in a statement that “core database” were not penetrated, the attackers did gain access to a wide range of data for what appears to be a majority of American adults and some British and Canadian consumers as well.

Fun times ... Equifax is one of the three services that make credit approval decisions.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 6:18 PM, Woz said:

Yeah, just horrible. Everyone in the forum please keep an eye on your bank accounts, your credit accounts etc, etc. Hopefully nothing happens to any of us.

The full Stephon Tuitt new contract details

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/09/the-full-stephon-tuitt-details/ via @ProFootballTalk

I have never hid my opinion that while I think we had a good 2014 draft that it should have been even better if we had drafted Tuitt. The second Bruce traded down with the Cowboys and passed on Stephon Tuitt I knew we made a huge mistake. I was a huge Tuitt fan in college and loved him as a prospect, he would have been great in our defense. It really still bothers me that Allen passed on him, it was a huge mistake. 

Couple that mistake with us passing on Leonard Williams in the 1st round in 2015 and a good NT prospect, Eddie Goldman in the 2nd round of 2015 and we really missed an opportunity to have one of the best DL's in the entire NFL by not taking those 3 guys in two consecutive seasons and it is really evident today. 

Edited by turtle28

Well, I was worried what happened tonight with Ohio State would happen. The new offensive coordinator runs more of a pass first spread rather than the zone read and spread which they ran for Braxton Miller, JT Barrett and Cardale Jones the previous 5 years. 

Ohio state needs to run more zone read because Barrett is not a great pocket passing qb and I don't think he has any elite receivers but they do have a great freshman running back and a good sophomore running back. 

Why the hell they were throwing the ball so much is beyond me! The Buckeyes need to be running the ball even more than they did tonight - especially in the redzone - the throwing it less than 30 times a game. 

If Barrett is going to throw the ball 30 to 40 times a game, I guarantee you they'll lose 3 or 4 games this season. The Buckeyes have a good defense, but not an elite defense like they had the previous 3 seasons with elite playmakers on the back end. The guys on defense right now are good, but not great and they may develop into something more later in the year or next year but right now they're nowhere close to the defense and elite players like Ryan Shazier, Von Bell, Eli Apple, Conley, Latimore, Bosa, Bradley Roby, Hooker, Johnathan Hankin's, Aldolphis Washington, Darron Lee, Josh Perry, Curtis Grant or Raekwon McMillan that OSU had in the past. 

I think they're definitely going to lose to Penn State, and probably either Michigan or Michigan State. It will definitely be a 2 loss season, and maybe as much as a 4 loss season. 

JT Barrett is not developing into the passer they want him to, and they don't have any elite players in the passing game.

Edited by turtle28