Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

You’re not the only one. Just stating that even though we let one overrated QB go, we shuffled more in. It’s not like letting him go fixed anything - in fact we’re worse. Facts, like you like to say. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2948be535d02e9d4142dI mean, he has watched the passing game the last two years right?

The 2017 team was less talented than the 2018 & 19  as a whole, and the talent on the 2017 offense was less talented too, but the passing game was better in 2017. That speaks to Kirk being a good QB. No, he's not perfect or elite, but he's good and our passing offense has regressed since Brice didn't re-sign him. That's no debatable, those are the facts. 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Have you watched a Vikings game the last two years? Everything I said was accurate. It's not an excuse if it's tbd truth.

Everything I said about the Redskins is true sir. But continue your love affair for "Mr You Like That"😂😂😂 I'm not paying him so it's not hurting my pockets. Just wish I could get paid like him and fail in critical momments as he does and than blame it on others like you are. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You’re not the only one. Just stating that even though we let one overrated QB go, we shuffled more in. It’s not like letting him go fixed anything - in fact we’re worse. Facts, like you like to say. 

And so is the team that paid him 84 million dollars guranteed now that he has become their QB. 

We all know the issues here in Washington start at the top with Bruce and Dan. The Vikings paid Kirk to get them further than Keenum and it seems he's taking them in reverse rather than going forward. 

48 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Everything I said about the Redskins is true sir. But continue your love affair for "Mr You Like That"😂😂😂 I'm not paying him so it's not hurting my pockets. Just wish I could get paid like him and fail in critical momments as he does and than blame it on others like you are. 

This just in... the Bears defense is still elite and still the best in the league. Perhaps that had something to do with Kurt’s bad game.

It was one game.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This just in... the Bears defense is still elite and still the best in the league. Perhaps that had something to do with Kurt’s bad game.

It was one game.

Where you saying this for Keenum vs the Bears?

Also doesn't seem the Vikings are embracing your It was the Bears elite defense excuses. 

I thought he had sooo much of a better supporting cast in Minnesota. Now as I said you wanna make excuses instead of calling a spade a spade. Kirk was NEVER suppose to be the QB who reset the QB market in guarnteed money. 

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Where you saying this for Keenum vs the Bears?

Also doesn't seem the Vikings are embracing your It was the Bears elite defense excuses. 

I thought he had sooo much of a better supporting cast in Minnesota. Now as I said you wanna make excuses instead of calling a spade a spade. Kirk was NEVER suppose to be the QB who reset the QB market in guarnteed money. 

It was just one game for Keenum too but it's been a cumulative season of him underperforming.except the 1st quarter vs Phila. Case’s issue is it seemed the Bears loss affected his confidence or decision making bc he followed up that awful game  by looking crappy in the first half vs the Giants so he got benched.

Keenum’s problem was he only looked good the first 20 minutes vs the Eagles and then just on finals drives of the game vs Phila & Dal where the defense was playing softly.

Keenum was inconsistent for us, as he was last year in Denver.  That's why he's not in Dever anymore and Elway traded him to us for just a 6th and 7th round pick swap. Keenum’s failure in Denver is also why Elway traded for Flacco - who I don't think is much better than Keenum at this point in his career - and why Elway drafted Drew Lock.

So let's just get this straight, you’d rather have our current starting QB who's never thrown for 4,000 yds and 30 TDs in the season rather than Kurt who’s thrown for over 4,000 yards for 4 straight seasons and over 25 Tds each of those seasons too. 

The money is not a big deal. It's a bigger deal if you don't have a good starting QB rather than if you're paying $29 million for a starring QB.

If the Redskins had kept Kirk, they’d still have Kendall Fuller and they wouldn't be paying $23.9 million for Alex & Case. You take the $29 million Kirk is making - the $23.9 million for Alex & Case and the difference between having to pay for a good QB like Kirk vs being stuck with an average QB like Keenum is just $5.1 million.

$5.1 million more is worth over 4,000 yards, near 30 TDs a year and a better passing game.

Also, our secondary would be better bc we’d have Fuller in the slot still, so it’d be:

RCB: Dunny, Colvin

LCB: Norman, Moreau

Slot: Fuller, Moreland

SS: Collins, Everett 

FS: Nicholson, Apke

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It was just one game for Keenum too but it's been a cumulative season of him underperforming.except the 1st quarter vs Phila. Case’s issue is it seemed the Bears loss affected his confidence or decision making bc he followed up that awful game  by looking crappy in the first half vs the Giants so he got benched.

Keenum’s problem was he only looked good the first 20 minutes vs the Eagles and then just on finals drives of the game vs Phila & Dal where the defense was playing softly.

Keenum was inconsistent for us, as he was last year in Denver.  That's why he's not in Dever anymore and Elway traded him to us for just a 6th and 7th round pick swap. Keenum’s failure in Denver is also why Elway traded for Flacco - who I don't think is much better than Keenum at this point in his career - and why Elway drafted Drew Lock.

Yet Keenums injury had nothing to due with his performance against the Giants in your mind? He was in a boot days b4 the game!

Yet the QB who got 84 million guaranteed couldn't even duplicate Keenum taking the Vikings to the playoffs. 

Excuses Excuses Excuses. 

While here Kirk only looked good against the Packers (during the regular season) and his famous Tampa game. Proof is in the pudding sir, you can't rely on Kirk Cousins. 

Edited by Skins212689

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet Keenums injury had nothing to due with his performance against the Giants in your mind? He was in a boot days b4 the game!

Yet the QB who got 84 million guaranteed couldn't even duplicate Keenum taking the Vikings to the playoffs. 

Excuses Excuses Excuses. 

While here Kirk only looked good against the Packers (during the regular season) and his famous Tampa game. Proof is in the pudding sir, you can't rely on Kirk Cousins. 

Maybe his injury did, I don’t know that and guess what, you’d call that excuse... ;)

The 2017 Vikings had a better OL than the 2018 & 19 Vikings do and the Bears got a lot better, mostly bc they traded for Mack but they also signed two WRs Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. The Bears improvement is a huge difference between the NFC North of 2017 vs the division the last two years.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe his injury did, I don’t know that and guess what, you’d call that excuse... ;)

The 2017 Vikings had a better OL than the 2018 & 19 Vikings do and the Bears got a lot better, mostly bc they traded for Mack but they also signed two WRs Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. The Bears improvement is a huge difference between the NFC North of 2017 vs the division the last two years.

Being hurt and underperfoming is onething, while just not being that good is totally different. Again let's not forget he was playing those Elite Bears. The same team you gave a healthy Cousins the "It's only 1 game pass" 

Kirk Cousins is and never was 84 million dollars guranteed good. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Being hurt and underperfoming is onething, while just not being that good is totally different. Again let's not forget he was playing those Elite Bears. The same team you gave a healthy Cousins the "It's only 1 game pass" 

Kirk Cousins is and never was 84 million dollars guranteed good. 

You’re glossing over my point that it’s been more than just one game of issues for Keenum. If it was just one game, Gruden wouldn’t have benched him.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re glossing over my point that it’s been more than just one game of issues for Keenum. If it was just one game, Gruden wouldn’t have benched him.

While your glossing over my point Cousins is 4-27 against winning teams but was giving one of the largest contracts in NFL history. 

You try and make excuses about Cousins run game in Minnesota, Keenum run game here is worst. Along with his Oline, passing targets, and HC. 

If Cousins was sooooooo Great the Vikings forum and writers wouldn't be complaining about the next 15 months they are stuck with him.

This isn't about whose the better QB Keenum or Cousins. It's about the overrated hype Cousins got that allowed him to be HIGHLY OVERPAID. That didn't happen for Keenum here or in Denver. 

No one thought Keenum was the Redskins savior but Minnesota really thought Cousins was the missing piece for their run at SuperBowl. Yet they didn't make the playoffs last year and I doubt they make it this year mainly because of Kirks play.  

"You Like That" 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

While your glossing over my point Cousins is 4-27 against winning teams but was giving one of the largest contracts in NFL history. 

You try and make excuses about Cousins run game in Minnesota, Keenum run game here is worst. Along with his Oline, passing targets, and HC. 

If Cousins was sooooooo Great the Vikings forum and writers wouldn't be complaining about the next 15 months they are stuck with him.

This isn't about whose the better QB Keenum or Cousins. It's about the overrated hype Cousins got that allowed him to be HIGHLY OVERPAID. That didn't happen for Keenum here or in Denver. 

No one thought Keenum was the Redskins savior but Minnesota really thought Cousins was the missing piece for their run at SuperBowl. Yet they didn't make the playoffs last year and I doubt they make it this year mainly because of Kirks play.  

"You Like That" 

Wins and losses are a team stat. No one player wins or loses games. You’re convincing no one in this forum of a win/loss stat to prove that a QB isn’t good.

Last time I checked Kirk is still worth it. He’ll help get his team into playoff contention and meanwhile since we’ve decided not to re-sign Kirk, we’re in contention for the #1 pick in the draft. 

So, we went from a top 15 team in the NFL when Kirk was the QB of our team. And, that was based off of our passing game alone bc our run game & D were trash from 2015-17 and our kicker Hopkins cost us back to back 9-7 seasons bc of his missed kick vs Cincinnati in 2016. Now, since we've lost Kirk and then Alex last year we've lost 10 of our last 11 games to now being arguably the worst team in the NFL.

And you're celebrating that?

Lmao. xD 🤣