Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Highly doubt that. We shall see though. My prediction is he will get hired by his brother. No one else will be picking up their phone for Jay Gruden.

Belichick called the offense "well schemed" or something along those lines.  When he has the talent to execute the offense, like he did a few years ago, and his later years in Cincinnati, the offense is actually very good.  

My problem with Gruden here is that he's never embraced the CEO mindset.  He's always wanted to call plays, and even said it in an interview this off-season knowing he's coaching for his career.  He said "it's what I do."  Except for McVay's last season when he received the playcalling duties (or most of them) Gruden has always done that, and I think it's been to his detriment.  Give someone else the keys- it develops the coaches under you, and it allows you to spend more time with the defense, more time with some individual players and coaches.  Gruden hasn't reached the point where he proved he could handle playcalling, in addition to everything else.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Belichick called the offense "well schemed" or something along those lines.  When he has the talent to execute the offense, like he did a few years ago, and his later years in Cincinnati, the offense is actually very good.  

My problem with Gruden here is that he's never embraced the CEO mindset.  He's always wanted to call plays, and even said it in an interview this off-season knowing he's coaching for his career.  He said "it's what I do."  Except for McVay's last season when he received the playcalling duties (or most of them) Gruden has always done that, and I think it's been to his detriment.  Give someone else the keys- it develops the coaches under you, and it allows you to spend more time with the defense, more time with some individual players and coaches.  Gruden hasn't reached the point where he proved he could handle playcalling, in addition to everything else.  

And obviously McVay learned how to do these things quicker than Gruden. As said Gruden won't have anyone knocking on his door for a job accept his brother. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

And obviously McVay learned how to do these things quicker than Gruden. As said Gruden won't have anyone knocking on his door for a job accept his brother. 

My gosh, who did McVay work for? The Shanahan’s and Gruden taught McVay and McVay has worked harder than Gruden and prepares better than him. That's what’s happened.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

My gosh, who did McVay work for? The Shanahan’s and Gruden taught McVay and McVay has worked harder than Gruden and prepares better than him. That's what’s happened.

Again Gruden won't have anyone knocking on his door for any job accept his brother! So all this BS about what he is good at is inaccurate to me. 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Again Gruden won't have anyone knocking on his door for any job accept his brother! So all this BS about what he is good at is inaccurate to me. 

Nah, you just not conceded that Jay is  good passing game coordinator bc you want to be stubborn.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Nah, you just not conceded that Jay is  good passing game coordinator bc you want to be stubborn.

If he were multiple teams would want him when fired. The fact thats less likely to happen I believe I'm correct in my thought process. Multiple teams had interest in McVay. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

If he were multiple teams would want him when fired. The fact thats less likely to happen I believe I'm correct in my thought process. Multiple teams had interest in McVay. 

We don't know that, that's an opinion as Jay hasn't even been fired yet.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

They never should've let Chase Daniels go. Always was a reliable backup type guy. Better than any backup we have had since his release. 

Nah, I was told by other Redskins fans that Colt Brennan was better! Lmao 🤣 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re the only person who thinks you’re 99% right. No one is that right about anything, no one. Not even the smartest people in the world. 

So lets just wait until he's fired and see what happens. I bet no one outside of the Raiders hires Jay Gruden! If someone does make me a sig I have to put up for the season on something. Deal?