Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah...no kidding. JMU gives the game away. Vikings lose. Now the Ravens. 

Look out LSU!!

Screw Martins Ferry too.................

My parents home town in Ohio’s rival high school is Martin Ferry the school just to the North East up the Ohio River and they too are purple! It’s the first reason I hate purple!

16 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Can’t believe the Titans took it to them like that. Chalk one up for power football!!!

My father was a Wing-T disciple from high school ball and always preached the running game and defense.  Outside of Lamar Jackson, the Ravens rushed 9 times for 42 yards, which isn't a bad average by any stretch of the means, but they also had Jackson throw the ball 59 times.  They absolutely needed to run the ball more in a traditional sense. 

And turnovers. Jackson threw two interceptions and lost a fumble.  The Titans didn't turn the ball over at all.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Browns made the hiring that I wanted for the Redskins in the "dream scenario" thread, Kevin Stefanski.  He's walking into a tough situation having to handle two big egos on offense (though OBJ could be traded) but the big one is not knowing if there is any more fallout from the Myles Garrett situation.  

Yeah and could he be overrated? He had top 10 talents at every skill position in Minny and a top 10 QB...

Edited by turtle28

55 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My father was a Wing-T disciple from high school ball and always preached the running game and defense.  Outside of Lamar Jackson, the Ravens rushed 9 times for 42 yards, which isn't a bad average by any stretch of the means, but they also had Jackson throw the ball 59 times.  They absolutely needed to run the ball more in a traditional sense. 

And turnovers. Jackson threw two interceptions and lost a fumble.  The Titans didn't turn the ball over at all.  

They were saying in NFLN this morning that several times Lamar kept it on the zone read and he should have given it to Gus Edwards. They were saying that if Lamar had given it to Gun on some of those runs he would have had 50 more yards rushing on like 6 or 7 more carries. So, the lack of carries by Gus was on Lamar not playcalling.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

That isn't close to what you said in your response to that thread.  Just because we disagree on the Rivera hire shouldn't change your opinion on Stefanski.  

It’s just an honest question. I still like Stefanski as a HC candidate but it’s an honest question that we’ll eventually find out the answer to.

We’ve seen other times where a guy goes from being a coordinator of a good to great offense (Jay Gruden for example) or defense bc he had great talent to work with but then when we goes to his new team with less talent he doesn’t have success.

I’m not saying it’s definitely going to happen in CLE, I think that as long as they fix the LT position in round 1 that CLE’s offense will be great - if healthy - but it’s still just an honest question.