Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

15 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Bridgewater to the Bears! Trubisky era is over in Chicago. Seems like a nice kid. Maybe he can be a backup somewhere. 

Eh, maybe. You just never know how Trubisky will respond. Maybe this lights a fire, maybe Teddy gets injured and Trubisky will have to relieve him next year and he plays well.

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Cam is free to seek a trade. You think RR is going to make an offer?

Judging from multiple comments made at the press conference to introduce Rivera, I thought he would try to go after a veteran.  Comments like "I don't have the patience for a long rebuild, and neither does he" as well as some pointed comments about Haskins made me feel that it was a possibility.  

Add into the situation this whole coronavirus situation likely causing a lot of disruption to OTA's, mini-camps, etc, Newton makes sense for Rivera more than ever.  Get the guy in here who knows the system, knows the coaches.  Having limited OTA's and minicamps in all likelihood is not going to be good for Haskins, especially in year two with a new coach and scheme.  It absolutely benefits us at this point- knowing things are going to be disrupted- to get someone else in here to at least give Haskins some time to learn things before they get too far into the season.  

EDIT: That veteran QB doesnt have to be Cam Newton.  But I do believe getting a veteran QB who can start the season while Haskins still gets some reps and learns the offense if the off-season program is affected is a very good idea. 

5 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Foles to the Bears for a 4th rd Pick. 

SB MVP TO  4th rd Compensation. 

What a drop!

Just another place he will bust as a QB. Perhaps he doesn’t bc he’ll be under a Andy Reid protege but, I don’t see him being amazing.