Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What this tells me is that in 4 or 5 years Snyder is going to have to pay $200 million in order to keep Chase Young. Wow 🤩 That’s a big chunk of change! Congrats to the Big Buckeye!

And a year before that Sweat is going to get paid. And before that, the Bamers. This line is gonna cost.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

And a year before that Sweat is going to get paid. And before that, the Bamers. This line is gonna cost.

Probably going to have to let Sweat walk tbh. Probably 2 of these 5 won't be long-termers. I don't know who else, but you can't pay top dollar to 5 DL. Either Allen, Ioannidis, or Payne - maybe two of them - won't be re-signed either.

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Seeing Bryan Danielson come back from retirement in WWE after his concussion issues, anything is possible, but I haven't heard of Reed doing any of the barametic chamber treatments or anything else, and I would just be too concerned with his mental well-being to offer him a deal. 

I always thought some of these story lines were works in a sense. Yes, he 100% has concussion issues, but I wasn't always convinced these guys had to retire from them for WWE. 

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Good for him, I really questioned his hiring when it was made by the 49ers, but he and Kyle have been a great team and done a great job rebuilding San Fran after Harbaugh and company left and one failed year under Chip Kelley. They've built that team into a perennial Super Bowl contender who will be that for the next 5-10 years most likely as long as Jimmy is there and most of their DL stays in tact.

Edited by turtle28

I doubt he'd resign with us after we cut him -took his money back . He's been one of my fav players since he's been here. Immensely talented. I've wondered if he could play outside. Does he have enough speed to be an Anquan Boldin type brute wideout. He sure has the quickness and moves. Would he be safer -less likely to get another concussion. If he's gonna play - I'd love to see him in a Washington Team uni !

From what I found Boldin runs a 4.71 and Reed a 4.72 . 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I doubt he'd resign with us after we cut him -took his money back . He's been one of my fav players since he's been here. Immensely talented. I've wondered if he could play outside. Does he have enough speed to be an Anquan Boldin type brute wideout. He sure has the quickness and moves. Would he be safer -less likely to get another concussion. If he's gonna play - I'd love to see him in a Washington Team uni !

From what I found Boldin runs a 4.71 and Reed a 4.72 . 🙂

If we’re Reed’s only offer - if we even do offer Reed a prove it deal - I think he would take it if he’s ADAMANT about playing this season as @MikeT14 said. He isn’t going to have many offers, so ours may be the best or it may not, I guess we’ll see.

We’ve had discussions about Reed playing on the outside in the past, I think most people felt he wouldn’t be as effective if he was on the outside almost all game but, with his quickness and route running I don’t think it would matter that much. Of course he won’t be a deep threat but still, a receiver like Reed no matter where you put them on the field they will get open bc of their quickness, change of direction ability and elite route running. He could be a great possession receiver.

Edited by turtle28

So is this not how he started his 2019 campaign? 

Then this:

4GEHIJGFNII6TC7XZXRNTYEQKU.jpg

I mean, many of us including me were ready to move on from Reed. It took him over a year to get right. What's the next one gonna do? I would not want that on my hands if I was Dan and Ron. And I don't want to see him back on the field because we think we need a TE. Thaddeus Moss has a lot to prove and I think he can do a lot. We have prepared for a team without Reed. 

Let the accountability and responsibility deflect away from the Washington Football club and just not sign him. 

If this were a Dallas Goedert or another young TE that is not being utilized correctly, that is who we should consider, but not the guy who has the highest percentage chance in the league to be injured. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mike23md said:

So is this not how he started his 2019 campaign? 

Then this:

4GEHIJGFNII6TC7XZXRNTYEQKU.jpg

I mean, many of us including me were ready to move on from Reed. It took him over a year to get right. What's the next one gonna do? I would not want that on my hands if I was Dan and Ron. And I don't want to see him back on the field because we think we need a TE. Thaddeus Moss has a lot to prove and I think he can do a lot. We have prepared for a team without Reed. 

Let the accountability and responsibility deflect away from the Washington Football club and just not sign him. 

If this were a Dallas Goedert or another young TE that is not being utilized correctly, that is who we should consider, but not the guy who has the highest percentage chance in the league to be injured. 

Yep, I think it’s highly unlikely Reed ever plays for us again, and as I said before I really don’t want to see him get hit and then it be even more serious then the that hit was last August. 

At the same time, I wouldn’t 100% rule it out either but, it’s very unlikely.

I’m at the point where I would honestly sign him to a one year deal with incentives on games played. At the end of the day as messed up as some may think it’s HIS CHOICE, HIS HEALTH, and HIS DECISION....

what’s gonna kill me is if he goes to Dallas and shows out all year.....  

• Like 1