Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Miller notes that things could change if the college football season is canceled. That suggests that the CFB tandem of Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit might take over if that situation plays out.

As things stand now, Fowler and Herbstreit will call the first scheduled game of the MNF doubleheader in Week 1.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m at the point where I would honestly sign him to a one year deal with incentives on games played. At the end of the day as messed up as some may think it’s HIS CHOICE, HIS HEALTH, and HIS DECISION....

You're right. And I don't agree with it, but like I said, if he's gonna play, we should see if we can get him back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You're right. And I don't agree with it, but like I said, if he's gonna play, we should see if we can get him back.

Especially considering our injury to Harmon and the question marks surrounding every WR not named Terry & Steven. Still, I think if it’s between signing Josh Gordon and re-signing Jordan Reed later this month, I’d sign Josh Gordon over Reed. And, everyone knows I’m no huge fan of signing a veteran to take snaps away from our young WRs but the coaching staff may deem that necessary if our young WRs don’t look like they can be the #2 this year.

Edited by turtle28

On 7/30/2020 at 9:22 AM, MikeT14 said:

I always thought some of these story lines were works in a sense. Yes, he 100% has concussion issues, but I wasn't always convinced these guys had to retire from them for WWE. 

I think with Danielson and Adam Copeland, coming back from those injuries were a result of medicine coming along and making advancements.  If Alex Smith can end up taking a snap in an NFL game again, the same can be said of comparing him and Theismann.  

• Like 1

We dodged a bullet so far by not getting CJ Mosely in free agency. He just opted out of this season, which if we're being honest may not be played or at least finished by February of next year.

The Jets gave Mosley $43 million guaranteed at signing and he will have only played two games for them in two years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/c.j.-mosley-14426/

From Spotrac. Contract Notes:

• $43M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2019 salary + 2019 roster bonus + 2020 salary + 2020 roster bonus + $8M of 2021 salary)

• Additional $8M of 2021 salary fully guarantees on 3/22/2020

• 2019 Roster Bonus: $10.5M (guaranteed)

•2020 Roster Bonus: $10M (guaranteed, paid 3/22/2020)

Edited by turtle28

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Did anyone really want Mosley?  I am very wary of linebackers who Baltimore elects to not re-sign.  Not only that, Mosley isn't a real three-down guy who struggles in coverage so I didn't want to spend that money on that profile of player anyway. 

A few people did. I can’t remember exactly who. I would have wanted him, but not for the contract he got. 

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Good for him. Makes sense for him to join the 49ers bc of Shanahan’s familiarity with him. He can be a slot WR for them and go in when they play 3 WR. It will help lessen the blow after Debo Samuel’s broken foot.