Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Wind wasn't bad- 4 inches of rain-much needed . Guess you weren't down in the Yorktown area. man that's a pretty place

I'm actually directly across the York river from Yorktown.  We got a ton of wind but flooding was minimal.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes exactly.  Gloucester point.  Off of 17, across the bridge.  

I'm envious ! Great spot. Used to have a friend-his grandfather keep a 80 foot cruiser named the "Hummingbird"  at that big Marina . We'd go out to the bay or up to West Point . Just eat , cruise and drink- back in the day .

More update: lots of rain in my community but no flooding.  It will be interesting to see if we have any surge during the next two high tides with all of the rain washing off.  We have an unofficial rain fall of five inches based off my rain gauge.  Possible waterspout near my mothers house which is 25 minutes south of me.  At the tip of southern MD they got three tornados.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

More update: lots of rain in my community but no flooding.  It will be interesting to see if we have any surge during the next two high tides with all of the rain washing off.  We have an unofficial rain fall of five inches based off my rain gauge.  Possible waterspout near my mothers house which is 25 minutes south of me.  At the tip of southern MD they got three tornados.  

Piney Point is right across the river from me. Between 4-5 miles away. Both counties at the end of the Northern Neck of Va had tornados drop too.  That system went strait north on a path dropping a few of them from NC through Maryland.

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Piney Point is right across the river from me. Between 4-5 miles away. Both counties at the end of the Northern Neck of Va had tornados drop too.  That system went strait north on a path dropping a few of them from NC through Maryland.

Crazy, crazy storm. One my ex’s her family lives in Deal, MD right by the water. I’m sure they had it bad. The good news is where there house is there isn’t a lot of trees.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Crazy, crazy storm. One my ex’s her family lives in Deal, MD right by the water. I’m sure they had it bad. The good news is where there house is there isn’t a lot of trees.

A few areas around me and all up the Potomac. And Im sure spots all along that Maryland coast as well. Within the last few years companies have stopped insuring area after area because theyre only a couple feet above the normal high tide mark. There seems to have already been zoned areas like that. But its been piling on recently and people are outraged and cant get anything for their homes when trying to sell them. We were expecting 1-3 feet above normal, which we can reach a foot easy after a small storm west of us, pushing all the water out to the bay. So we were lucky around here in that regard. Because for some weird fortunate reason. The tide stayed normal somehow.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's about where I am.  Thankfully the surge wasn't bad at all and we were spared from that.  The tornados and bad wind was to the south and north but we got A LOT of rain.  

• Like 1