Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They’ll use him in the slot. Have to remember Debo Samuel broke his foot and won’t be back until October.

Mark my words, he won't be effective from the slot. Kittle will be the first look and they also have Brandon Aiyuk, Dante Pettis, Jalen Hurd to fill WR slots. 

23 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Mark my words, he won't be effective from the slot. Kittle will be the first look and they also have Brandon Aiyuk, Dante Pettis, Jalen Hurd to fill WR slots. 

Disagree - . He's quick, quick feet . He'll be a nightmare for a smaller slot C B . 

11 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Not unless you line him up with a S. Which is more than likely if he becomes effective. LB bump and S coverage. 

He's an extremely gifted player . with an eggshell skull. I think he can succeed in various roles. We'll see. Just opinions .

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

He’s played in the slot his entire career. Most of his routes are run there. I guess it depends on the match up he would get but, it’s a wild accusation IMO to suggest that Jordan Reed won’t be effective in the slot.

Dante Pettis & Jalen Hurd? Come on dude. 

Edited by turtle28

20 hours ago, mike23md said:

Um, George Kittle is the man in SF. Reed won't see much playing time with Kittle out there. 

Kittle is definitely the man, but they got 600+ snaps out of Ross Dwelley, Levine Toilolo, and Garrett Celek last season. I think some of those snaps were Dwelley filling in for Jusczyck at FB, but they clearly got other TEs on the field over the course of the year. Reed has averaged about 450 snaps a season during his career (not including last year’s zero), so if he’s healthy and able to play, I think they’ll be able to get him close to a usual (for him at least) workload. 

For them, putting aside the concerns about Reed’s personal wellbeing, it’s a pretty good move in my book. They’re looking a little light on passing game weapons, and if he’s remotely healthy, Reed is the second most talented receiving TE available by any avenue this offseason (behind Gronk, who I guess we didn’t even know was available until he was acquired). Even if they only get 10-15 plays out of him per game, he could make a few big catches and give defenses another threat to keep things open for Kittle and the run game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Minnesota W R Rashod Bateman also, two years remaining but he's opting out and entering the 2021 draft 

Yeah, I saw that too. He's really good. I'm not sure if he’ll be a first-round pick but I would definitely think round 1 or round 2.

I don't think they will finish the College Football season but I guess we’ll see. I wonder if the top QBs - Lawrence & Fields are going to opt out. They haven't yet though.

11 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Minnesota W R Rashod Bateman also, two years remaining but he's opting out and entering the 2021 draft 

I know Fields said he wouldn't, but if a major program gets ravaged with Covid like what happened to the Miami Marlins, guys like Fields, Lawrence, Penai Sewell are all opting out.