Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

I just found out how rigorous the BIG10 testing is as opposed to the ACC & SEC on Sportscenter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/from-daily-tests-to-positivity-rate-charts-heres-a-look-at-the-big-tens-coronavirus/article_34add7b7-72fe-5463-94ba-cf878714baf2.amp.html

Daily testing for the Big 10 as opposed to 3 weekly tests by the ACC & SEC. If someone gets COVID-19 in the Big10 they have to be quarantined for 21 days, in the ACC & SEC they just have to have 3 negative tests and then they can come back, the NFL is similar to that. 

The Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors adopted significant medical protocols, announced Wednesday, including daily antigen testing, enhanced cardiac screening and an enhanced data-driven approach when making decisions about starting the football season on the weekend of Oct. 23-24.

The testing standards are more rigorous than both the SEC and ACC, which require three weekly COVID-19 tests.

Daily testing will begin no later than Sept. 30 for Big Ten teams, and the test results must be completed before each practice or game. If a student-athlete tests positive for COVID-19, they can't play in games for a minimum of 21 days. CDC guidelines recommend an infected person stay home for 14 days before returning to work or activity. Each team will continue its current testing protocols for now.

Big up to the Big10. I should’ve known this before but I didn’t learn it until this morning on Sportscenter.