Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Big10 football was back last night and Wisconsin’s redshirt freshman QB Mertz looks for real!

20/21, 248 yds & 5 TDs 

He’ll be someone to watch this year and next year to see if he’s got what it takes to be a day 1 or 2 pick in the 2022 or 2023 draft.

Of course Illinois might be the worst team in the Big10 - poor Lovie - but still, it was an impressive game for the kids first start.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Justin Fields near perfect in the first half vs Nebraska, only miss was a drop by Olave in the endzone bc he was undercut by the DB when he went up for the catch.

12/13, 187 yds and a TD in the 1st half

Only miss was the 40 yard attempt to Olave which had Olave not been undercut would’ve had Fields at 13/13, 200 yards & 2 TDs in the first half.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Penn State.......wow.  

They lost a lot of talent from last year and having Parson opt out hurts.

Still, Clifford’s two ints really were the difference in the game and the FG kicker missing an easy one.

That Indiana QB has a bring future I think. He’s a heck of an athlete. That 2-pt conversion drive was Michael Vick, Cam Newton, RG3, Kapernick & Lamar Jackson esque 

Just now, turtle28 said:

They lost a lot of talent from last year and having Parson opt out hurts.

Still, Clifford’s two ints really were the difference in the game and the FG kicker missing an easy one.

That Indiana QB has a bring future I think. He’s a heck of an athlete. That 2-pt conversion drive was Michael Vick, Cam Newton, RG3, Kapernick & Lamar Jackson esque 

I mean, the defender falls down instead of scoring and they've got the game won.  I know it's against every instinct the defender has, but you also have to be aware of the situation going on at all times.  

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, the defender falls down instead of scoring and they've got the game won.  I know it's against every instinct the defender has, but you also have to be aware of the situation going on at all times.  

You mean the running back for Penn State?