Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

31 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

It’s certainly not like me to say “I told you so” but have you seen how well the Dolphins are doing? That’s a team with a plan and a left guard.

That’s a team in the second year of a rebuild. We’re in the first year of our rebuild.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s a team in the second year of a rebuild. We’re in the first year of our rebuild.

Looks to me like they’re in the first year of their rebuild with a new QB, were in our second. You don’t get to just restart the rebuild over every time you blow it. We might be in year 8 of our rebuild.

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Looks to me like they’re in the first year of their rebuild with a new QB, were in our second. You don’t get to just restart the rebuild over every time you blow it. We might be in year 8 of our rebuild.

No, their HC is in their second year. They drafted a rookie top 5 pick QB in their second year of their rebuild just like we hopefully do in April. The Dolphins traded away all kinds of players the previous regime drafted last year like Mika Fitzpatrick the best FS in the NFL to the Steelers for a 1st round pick. 

Dolphins 2020 Draft:

Round 1, pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

Round 1, pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT, USC (From Steelers)

Round 1, pick 30: Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn (From Raiders?)

Round 2, pick 39: Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana-Lafayette

Round 2, pick 56: Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama

Round 3, pick 70: Brandon Jones, S, Texas

Round 4, pick 111 (from Texans): Solomon Kindley, G, Georgia

Round 5, pick 154 (from Jaguars through Steelers): Jason Strowbridge, DE, North Carolina

Round 5, pick 164 (from Eagles through Cowboys): Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State

Round 6, pick 185: Blake Ferguson, C, LSU

Round 7, pick 246 (from Chiefs): Malcolm Perry, WR, Navy

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Paying Paul Richardson instead of giving that money to Jamison Crowder was so dumb. 

No doubt the Paul Richardson contract was a mistake but we got out of that contract after just two years. 

I wonder if the Jets will cut Jamison like we did PRich after just two years. They can get out of his contract after this year. Crowder is making $10 million this year ($11.5 million next year) he's battled injuries since he’s been in NY just like he battled the hamstring injuries his last two years in DC. They’ll have a tough decision to make.

I love Crowder, but he’s not played up to his contract as guys usually don’t when they get overpaid on their second contract especially when they go to bad teams and can’t stay healthy.

31 recs, 409 yards and 3 TDs in 9 games doesn’t scream out a $10 million or $11.5 million WR to me.

And I realize Crowder has only played 5 games, but that’s the problem with Crowder, he didn’t stay healthy in DC in 2017 or 18 and it’s one of the reasons we let him go beyond him getting overpaid.

Edited by turtle28

People in this forum like to talk about how anti-clutch Washington’s QBs have been since we last won a Super Bowl.

Al Galdi said  that last night was the first time in 38 chances that Cam Newton had brought his team back from 10 points down in the fourth quarter and won a game. 

Cam Newton, widely regarded as a top 10 QB in the league for an entire decade who routinely went to the playoffs and went to the Super Bowl hadn’t done that before last night.

So, perhaps we need to think differently about our QBs and realize it’s not always them that’s losing is games, often times it was the players around them who caused us to lose game, not just the QB.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, turtle28 said:

Al Galdi said  that last night was the first time in 38 chances that Cam Newton had brought his team back from 10 points down in the fourth quarter and won a game. 

Cam Newton, widely regarded as a top 10 QB in the league for an entire decade who routinely went to the playoffs and went to the Super Bowl hadn’t done that before last night.

I don't know about you, but I would okay with my quarterback going 1 for 38 in coming back from down 10 points in the 4th quarter if they got the bolded statement alongside it. Washington hasn't realistically had that since Sunny Jurgensen was under center.

8 hours ago, Woz said:

I don't know about you, but I would okay with my quarterback going 1 for 38 in coming back from down 10 points in the 4th quarter if they got the bolded statement alongside it. Washington hasn't realistically had that since Sunny Jurgensen was under center.

But you don’t like Alex Smith and he’s capable of that... He had San Fran w/in a FG of the Super Bowl when they had an elite D and running game in 2011.  Keep in mind Newton went on one playoff run in a decade. It’s possible if we build the team up more Alex does that if he continues to look as he has the last 6 quarters or even better as he plays more.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

But you don’t like Alex Smith and he’s capable of that... He had San Fran w/in a FG of the Super Bowl when they had an elite D and running game in 2011.  Keep in mind Newton went on one playoff run in a decade. It’s possible if we build the team up more Alex does that if he continues to look as he has the last 6 quarters or even better as he plays more.

Let me see if I have this correct: you want to invest heavily in the defense and run game even more than they have so they can augment a 37 year old quarterback who has a titanium rod in his leg based on what he did 10 years ago?

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Let me see if I have this correct: you want to invest heavily in the defense and run game even more than they have so they can augment a 37 year old quarterback who has a titanium rod in his leg based on what he did 10 years ago?

I’m not saying I want to. I want to draft a QB in the top 5. I’m just pointing out that this last decade Cam & Alex had similar success as starters - Alex actually won more games I believe - and the only difference is a made FG by the Giants in 2011.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not saying I want to. I want to draft a QB in the top 5. I’m just pointing out that this last decade Cam & Alex had similar success as starters - Alex actually won more games I believe - and the only difference is a made FG by the Giants in 2011.

And we all know what wins means in terms of QBs ...

C'mon now, turtle. Cam Newton and Alex Smith are not alike.

• Like 1