Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 11/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, Woz said:

I would be a bit surprised that Winston in half a game would have raised it up that much, but I suppose it's possible. 

They showed the stat on TV on ESPN or NFLN. Perhaps I read it wrong or something but it was showing how Brees doesn’t throw the ball downfield and Jameis did. It was an incredible difference.

@MikeT14 Well like I said, it started with Vick. Then in State players wanted to go there bc Vick went there and had success - particularly from the tidewater area.

You're right that Beamer Ball also had something to do with it. 

You and Lavar are definitely right about the coaching. They need an entire new direction like Miami got with Diaz. I actually think Miami could build on what they’re doing. Not sure if they’ll ever be a National Championship contender again like decades ago but the coaching/recruiting can be improved.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You and Lavar are definitely right about the coaching. They need an entire new direction like Miami got with Diaz. I actually think Miami could build on what they’re doing. Not sure if they’ll ever be a National Championship contender again like decades ago but the coaching/recruiting can be improved.

No idea how you afford it in a pandemic though unless some rich booster wants to be extremely generous. 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:33 PM, turtle28 said:

Well like I said, it started with Vick. Then in State players wanted to go there bc Vick went there and had success - particularly from the tidewater area.

You're right that Beamer Ball also had something to do with it. 

Well, it didn't help that Al Groh pissed off enough of the Tidewater area coaching staffs that they basically blackballed UVA from recruiting down there.

• Like 1

I’m sure everyone knows COVID has now hit the big 10 big time! Wisconsin can’t qualify for the Big10 Championship Game bc they’ve had to cancel 3 games now. Ohio State had to cancel their game today which is the 2nd canceled this season bc Maryland had to cancel their game a few weeks ago. If Ohio State doesn’t play the next two weeks vs Michigan St & Michigan they won’t qualify for the Big10 Championship which probably means they wouldn’t even be considered for the CFBP Should they still be undefeated and, it was just reported today that 20 University of Minnesota players & staff have COVID!

Wow 😥

10 hours ago, Woz said:

It seems like they're considering a forfeit instead.

I think they should’ve already been forced to forfeit. The Broncos 3 QBs have COVID, and they are using a practice squad WR for their QB tomorrow yet, the Ravens got to postpone their game twice!

That’s ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think they should’ve already been forced to forfeit. The Broncos 3 QBs have COVID, and they are using a practice squad WR for their QB tomorrow yet, the Ravens got to postpone their game twice!

That’s ridiculous.

I mean, what's worse, starting a converted WR at QB, or having to trot out Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson?  

The Ravens thing does get me though.  That game has been moved twice, and the Broncos aren't getting any sort of relief here.  And let's be real, the corpse of RGIII throwing to the ghost of Dez Bryant shouldn't excite anyone, just the same as watching Denver try to make it with a fifth string QB.  

The NFL should just call it a regular season and bring everyone together in a couple bubble cities to do an expanded playoffs.  The 49ers now can't play or practice at home due to a three-week ban on all levels of contact sport by the county government.  A couple other pro teams could be affected by similar bans.  And now you've got the Broncos without any QBs.  

*reads @turtle28's recitation of the Big Ten's woes*

*reads @naptownskinsfan's fair analysis of the unfairness of Baltimore and Denver games*

It's almost like ... they never should have played the season. Like, trying to protect multiple groups of 60+ (roster and practice squad) professional players and/or 90+ (scholarship and walk-ons) collegiate players along with the coaches and supporting staff was bound to fail spectacularly if kept in open environments or something.

Nah ... just bad luck. Doesn't diminish the product at all or anything! 

I realize RGIII probably arguably brought some of his hard times on himself. But he has to be just about the unluckiest player ever. Lamar is out, he finally gets his one last shot to show the world he deserves a chance to start again. But it’s an unprecedented Wednesday afternoon game with basically no practice time permitted leading up to it. And he has to go out there and try to do it with a crippled run game, a completely decimated OL, and their two most reliable receivers out. And he has to do it on the road against a 10-0 team with the best defense in the league. Oh, and it’s their most hated rival, so they won’t call off the dogs an inch

I won’t be at all surprised if an unexpected blizzard breaks out immediately upon the Ravens offense taking the field for the first time