Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 11/28/2020 at 11:04 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I mean, what's worse, starting a converted WR at QB, or having to trot out Mark Sanchez and Josh Johnson?  

The Ravens thing does get me though.  That game has been moved twice, and the Broncos aren't getting any sort of relief here.  And let's be real, the corpse of RGIII throwing to the ghost of Dez Bryant shouldn't excite anyone, just the same as watching Denver try to make it with a fifth string QB.  

The NFL should just call it a regular season and bring everyone together in a couple bubble cities to do an expanded playoffs.  The 49ers now can't play or practice at home due to a three-week ban on all levels of contact sport by the county government.  A couple other pro teams could be affected by similar bans.  And now you've got the Broncos without any QBs.  

If you watched the game the answer was clear. The WR who just learned he’d be playing QB 2 days before the game was far worse than an over the hill Sanchize or any other back up QB.

Josh Johnson was at least serviceable and so is RG3, especially if those guys get more than one week to play and a true week of practice - which RG3 didn’t get Bc of COVID, he also had to play against one of the best defensive teams in the NFL.

Let’s see how Alex Smith & Washington’s passing game does against the Steelers defense Monday night.

Agree about the need for the NFL to end the season and start the bubble playoffs. 

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

[Ron Howard narrator voice] No, he wasn't.

Started 3 games for us in 2018, 57%, 590 yards passing 4 TDs (1 rushing) but yes, 4 ints. Also, 120 yards rushing.

That’s being responsible for over a TD a game and 237 yards of offense to me is serviceable.

I guess it depends on what you’re definition of “serviceable is.” 

We certainly should’ve beaten the Titans with him as a starter - it wasn’t his fault we lost in large part bc of a bad Doctson drop - and we beat the Jags. If we win that game, Johnson is 2-1 as a starter too, on top of the production. 

All of that points to serviceable to me. Certainly not above average or good, but to me that tds serviceable especially considering he had just joined our team after Alex Smith broke his leg and maybe not until three weeks later after Colt McCoy broke his leg vs Phila.

Edited by turtle28

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

My lord the Jets are tanking lol. 

It’s uncontrollable to them, it’s just them. They’re not even trying to tank, it’s just they’re this bad. I feel bad for Lawrence if he ends up there. Hopefully if he does the Jets finally hire a good HC like what Bienemy could be, invest better in FA bc Darnold was done no favors when the Jets fired Bowles and hired the awful Adam Gase.

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s uncontrollable to them, it’s just them. They’re not even trying to tank, it’s just they’re this bad. I feel bad for Lawrence if he ends up there. Hopefully if he does the Jets finally hire a good HC like what Bienemy could be, invest better in FA bc Darnold was done no favors when the Jets fired Bowles and hired the awful Adam Gase.

I mean, they sent an all out blitz with 5 seconds left and left their corners on an island. It’s an absurd call in that situation and they did it two times in a row. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, they sent an all out blitz with 5 seconds left and left their corners on an island. It’s an absurd call in that situation and they did it two times in a row. 

Completely inexcusable since:

• Las Vegas had no timeouts
  • There was 13 seconds left on the clock
  • It was 3rd & 10
  • They were leading by four.

Only needed to prevent someone getting behind the defense and scoring the TD.

AND I AM REALLY PISSED BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE TAKEN OUT THREE OF THE REMAINING SEVEN SURVIVORS! (Minnesota winning in OT allowed two others to sneak through as well)

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

That’s bc it’s Gregg Williams. I don’t see that as “trying to tank.” I see that as Gregg Williams being too cocky and making a bad defensive playcall that cost them the game.

Just now, turtle28 said:

That’s bc it’s Gregg Williams. I don’t see that as “trying to tank.” I see that as Gregg Williams being too cocky and making a bad defensive playcall that cost them the game.

It was more or less, a joke. Williams isn’t going to benefit from the Jets eventual drafting of Lawrence but it was an absurdly bad call and if I were a team looking at GW as a coordinator I’d immediately scratch him from my list. You almost have to try to lose in that situation and they basically did it twice on that last draft. It was moronic and to most will look like blatant tanking.