Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Good move by the Panthers, we should’ve done the same.

I've never been a fan. I'll eat the crow dinner if this works out for Carolina. Low risk so don't blame them for taking the shot. He just doesn't seem to have the important "non-fungibles" / intangibles.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:39 AM, MikeT14 said:

Really good to see him retire, the report he got about his brain was concerning. I’m glad he came back and got to play one more season with the 49ers. Looking back on it I wish we had re-signed him after cutting him last year and he could’ve played slot for us last year. He certainly would’ve been a better option than what we had in the slot last year, we certainly could’ve used his 6 TDs.

Of course if we had re-signed him he probably would’ve gotten injured again! Ugh 🤦‍♂️ 

His injuries were really sad for him & this franchise. I’ll forever believe that if he didn’t get injured in 2016 & 2017 that in each season we would’ve made the playoffs. When he got injured every year our passing game & thus our offense - because from 2015-2017 our passing game was our entire offense - took a huge hit. 

I remember someone started the thread years ago whether DJax or Reed was more important to the passing game as they were both battling injuries and I think it became pretty clear that Reed was the most important because he and Kirk had great chemistry, he moved the chains and he was an automatic TD in the red zone.

Really really sucks that injuries derailed what could have been a great great career but I wish him nothing but the best in retirement. 

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Interesting that the NFLPA is telling their members potentially to forgo bonus monies.

I mean, I get it, but that's not usually where the union ends up.

Actually unions every time choose safety over $. Safety on the job and getting a living wage for workers is mostly what the union movement was built on in the late 1800s & the first half of the 1900s.