Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

I won’t lie, it annoys the hell out of me that Trent Williams is basically ranked as the top OT in football now by everyone. He played pretty much the same he always has but now that he’s not on Washington anymore he’s ranked first lol. Also, we got two third round picks out of a fringe top 10 QB and the leagues best LT. Pretty remarkable to be able to mess things up that bad. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, lavar703 said:

I won’t lie, it annoys the hell out of me that Trent Williams is basically ranked as the top OT in football now by everyone. He played pretty much the same he always has but now that he’s not on Washington anymore he’s ranked first lol. Also, we got two third round picks out of a fringe top 10 QB and the leagues best LT. Pretty remarkable to be able to mess things up that bad. 

? I mean, hasn't he always been consensus Top 3, maybe 5 at worst? I'd also say most people have BAKHTIARI at least ahead of him still. 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, lavar703 said:

I thought we got a 2020 5th & a 2021 3rd for Trent?

It’s really a damn shame that Bruce didn’t make him the highest paid OT in 2019 but we can’t do anything about it now, but yes, it really sucks.

Here’s to hoping that Leno can at least be a good LT for us.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

? I mean, hasn't he always been consensus Top 3, maybe 5 at worst? I'd also say most people have BAKHTIARI at least ahead of him still. 

Bakhtiari may have taken a step back bc he is coming off an injury last year but I have to say Bakhtiari is luck to be protecting Aaron Rodgers - one of the most elusive QBs in NFL history in the pocket & outside the pocket - that probably helps his stats a lot. 

Trent on the other hand has had to protect the blindside of some dud QBs the last decade, including last year with all the injuries to the 49ers QBs last year.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Good line! When you have a person with the talent to make it to the NFL and you can’t get out of your own way, it’s a shame. What a waste. 

• Like 1

The NHL expansion draft is kinda silly. I’m also just not a big fan of expansion drafts. There’s so many young hockey players and free agents littered all over that they should just be tasked with building from the ground up. You draft, you sign, you build. That’s it. 

It also just seems wrong to watch teams developing young players, using their resources and time to do so end up just having to expose them due to silly rules. If you lose a player you should be rewarded with some kind of compensation pick. I don’t even watch hockey and I think the way they’ve gone about expansion drafts for Vegas and Seattle is insane. 

• Like 1