Jump to content

Things other than Washington Football


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

VT and Maryland for the ACC/Big10 Challenge this year.

Awesome even though that was never really a rivalry. I’d like to see Maryland & UVA play and WVU play VT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Awesome even though that was never really a rivalry. I’d like to see Maryland & UVA play and WVU play VT.

Well that's unfortunately not possible in this challenge. Big 12 plays SEC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Well that's unfortunately not possible in this challenge. Big 12 plays SEC.

Yeah, I understand, it just sucks that the WVU/VT rivalry is gone and the UMD/VA rivalry. Oh well

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I won’t lie, it annoys the hell out of me that Trent Williams is basically ranked as the top OT in football now by everyone. He played pretty much the same he always has but now that he’s not on Washington anymore he’s ranked first lol. Also, we got two third round picks out of a fringe top 10 QB and the leagues best LT. Pretty remarkable to be able to mess things up that bad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, lavar703 said:

I won’t lie, it annoys the hell out of me that Trent Williams is basically ranked as the top OT in football now by everyone. He played pretty much the same he always has but now that he’s not on Washington anymore he’s ranked first lol. Also, we got two third round picks out of a fringe top 10 QB and the leagues best LT. Pretty remarkable to be able to mess things up that bad. 

? I mean, hasn't he always been consensus Top 3, maybe 5 at worst? I'd also say most people have BAKHTIARI at least ahead of him still. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 1:13 AM, lavar703 said:

I won’t lie, it annoys the hell out of me that Trent Williams is basically ranked as the top OT in football now by everyone. He played pretty much the same he always has but now that he’s not on Washington anymore he’s ranked first lol. Also, we got two third round picks out of a fringe top 10 QB and the leagues best LT. Pretty remarkable to be able to mess things up that bad. 

I thought we got a 2020 5th & a 2021 3rd for Trent?

It’s really a damn shame that Bruce didn’t make him the highest paid OT in 2019 but we can’t do anything about it now, but yes, it really sucks.

Here’s to hoping that Leno can at least be a good LT for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

? I mean, hasn't he always been consensus Top 3, maybe 5 at worst? I'd also say most people have BAKHTIARI at least ahead of him still. 

Bakhtiari may have taken a step back bc he is coming off an injury last year but I have to say Bakhtiari is luck to be protecting Aaron Rodgers - one of the most elusive QBs in NFL history in the pocket & outside the pocket - that probably helps his stats a lot. 
 

Trent on the other hand has had to protect the blindside of some dud QBs the last decade, including last year with all the injuries to the 49ers QBs last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Good line! When you have a person with the talent to make it to the NFL and you can’t get out of your own way, it’s a shame. What a waste. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The NHL expansion draft is kinda silly. I’m also just not a big fan of expansion drafts. There’s so many young hockey players and free agents littered all over that they should just be tasked with building from the ground up. You draft, you sign, you build. That’s it. 
 

It also just seems wrong to watch teams developing young players, using their resources and time to do so end up just having to expose them due to silly rules. If you lose a player you should be rewarded with some kind of compensation pick. I don’t even watch hockey and I think the way they’ve gone about expansion drafts for Vegas and Seattle is insane. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...