Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

18 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I had just turned 22 earlier that summer. This was the team I remember being excited to root for. 

Did anyone catch that Clark stat? 

4 rec

203 yards

3 TDs

I had turned 12 that May in 1991. I was in 6th grade. Seriously, we haven’t been a true Super Bowl contender since I was 12, 30 years ago as I’m 42 now.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 9:40 AM, MikeT14 said:

Just busting balls! Although I don't think I'm far from that either. At least the two-finger version..... 

Good news on that front: they now have a non-invasive test that is just as accurate.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:58 AM, MikeT14 said:

😢

On 11/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, lavar703 said:

It was time. He recruited extremely poor in Virginia. The QB position was always in flux and Hooker was pushed to the side for an inferior talent in Burmeister. 

It's incredibly hard to recruit to Virginia Tech if you don't have a track record like Beamer. Blacksburg isn't a desirable destination.

So, we'll see. Here's hoping that they make a worse pick so they disappear into oblivion. :D:D:D

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

😢

It's incredibly hard to recruit to Virginia Tech if you don't have a track record like Beamer.

I wouldn't say it was INCREDIBLY hard, but yes, the best recruits now leave Virginia. Beamer's staple was turning 2*/3* guys into 4*s

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Blacksburg isn't a desirable destination.

It's fine. Sure, it's not a city, but it's a great college town. 

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

So, we'll see. Here's hoping that they make a worse pick so they disappear into oblivion. :D:D:D

Boo!

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I wouldn't say it was INCREDIBLY hard, but yes, the best recruits now leave Virginia. Beamer's staple was turning 2*/3* guys into 4*s

I did always say that Beamer was arguably one of the best motivators in college football because he was able to make a bunch of ho hum guys play WAY over the heads.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's fine. Sure, it's not a city, but it's a great college town. 

I'm just thinking in terms of the weather and distance. And the ladies. :D

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Boo!

AppropriateImperturbableDore-max-1mb.gif