Upcoming QB Contracts...

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is that out of the question?

If I’m Lamar, I’m obviously shooting high but I’m also taking into account my recent injuries + seeing what Watson just got after being out of football and all the legal issues. 

I don't see anyway that he could happily accept less than what  Kyler got.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't see anyway that he could happily accept less than what  Kyler got.

Russ got $161M GTD, Kyler got $189.5M GTD, Watson got $230M GTD. Lamar’s the same age or younger than any of the three and has an MVP to his name. He should be shooting for more, but yeah, it Baltimore’s offering $150Mish, they’re lowballing (don’t necessarily blame them). Could be preliminary. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Russ got $161M GTD, Kyler got $189.5M GTD, Watson got $230M GTD. Lamar’s the same age or younger than any of the three and has an MVP to his name. He should be shooting for more, but yeah, it Baltimore’s offering $150Mish, they’re lowballing (don’t necessarily blame them). Could be preliminary. 

I'd assume the fact that Burrow, Hurts, and Herbert are all going to get extended this offseason make the negotiations different as well. They'd be smart to get a deal done sooner rather than later before the market resets.

Just now, StatKing said:

For some reason I came into this thread expecting Derek Carr's name to be mentioned but apparently the Raiders already gave him 40 mil a year. Why?

We just gave him a 3 yr/$121M extension last offseason but $40M becomes GTD if he's not cut or traded by February 15th.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If he gets cut I'm assuming that he'll get something like: 3 yr/$100M ($60M GTD)

My team just gave $50M a year to a guy who's almost 40 and going through a mid life crisis but somehow that still sounds better than paying Derek Carr that much money.

I'm no longer a religious man but I will pray for whatever team gives Derek Carr $40M a year. You know he's going to get it.

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

My team just gave $50M a year to a guy who's almost 40 and going through a mid life crisis but somehow that still sounds better than paying Derek Carr that much money.

I'm no longer a religious man but I will pray for whatever team gives Derek Carr $40M a year. You know he's going to get it.

I think the GTD money will be the biggest thing for him on his next deal after he just lost out on this extension, lol. We should trade him to the Packers for Rodgers.

I'd tell Daniel Jones 3y/60mil fully guaranteed and if he said pass, I'd like him see FA and offer the same deal with less guarantees and another year maybe like 4y/80mil. Like who else is going to pay him?

edit: Fully guaranteeing it just to mess over the other deals in the works.

Edited by Trojan

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I'd tell Daniel Jones 3y/60mil fully guaranteed and if he said pass, I'd like him see FA and offer the same deal with less guarantees and another year maybe like 4y/80mil. Like who else is going to pay him?

I think the QB market is going to be reset so highly that $30M is going to look like a bargain. I think the Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Commanders, Raiders, and maybe even the Jets could be interested in him. There are a few teams that need some stability at QB but there are really only 2, maybe 3 good veteran options out there for those teams. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The lowest paid league starters make 150% of that AAV. Closer to Jameis Winston money than…Ryan Tannehill money. He’d be crazy to take that deal. 

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think the QB market is going to be reset so highly that $30M is going to look like a bargain. I think the Bucs, Saints, Panthers, Commanders, Raiders, and maybe even the Jets could be interested in him. There are a few teams that need some stability at QB but there are really only 2, maybe 3 good veteran options out there for those teams. 

I'd let him turn me down and watch him play for one of those teams then. If I were a GM I'd be drafting a QB every other year and pipeline them. If they spent one of their 3rds on like Sam Howell instead of Howell's guard at UNC they'd have a succession plan or at least one good enough to sell tickets for the upcoming season to reroll the draft after. If you win with a 15ish or below QB you better be paying them peanuts, imo.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

The lowest paid league starters make 150% of that AAV. Closer to Jameis Winston money than…Ryan Tannehill money. He’d be crazy to take that deal. 

Is Jameis a downgrade from Daniel Jones? If Jameis cut turnover like Jones has in Dabolls system, I'd think Jameis is a better player. I'd take Jameis on the cheap as a replacement and draft more QBs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Is Jameis a downgrade from Daniel Jones? If Jameis cut turnover like Jones has in Dabolls system, I'd think Jameis is a better player. I'd take Jameis on the cheap as a replacement and draft more QBs.

Playing around at QB can be fatal for a head coach / general manager though. If you let DJ walk then fail to replace him and take a major step back next season, you're on the hot seat. Daboll coached up JA and he made DJ look significantly better this year with extremely limited weapons around him in the passing game. Jameis is coming off of a broken back and has only played in 14 games in the last three seasons. They're also vastly different players, Winston is a pocket passer, DJ is one of the most mobile QB's in the league.