The Vegas "Our Front Office can certainly screw the pooch on this one." thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It matters because the Jets know that Rodgers isn't coming back to that team.

Sure GB can pay him to stay home, but they do need to deal him.

And again...just playing devil's advocate for the other side.

I totally believe that right now, GB has the leverage.  But one we are a week away from the regular season starting?  Different story.

I wish we'd get something done quickly, but it's not overly pressing to me right now.

Only reason I want to get picks now is cuz...mock draft simulators!

As fans I get that because we want something out of this.

But if we go full petty… and it seems like the last few years have been full of pettiness. Technically, if GB is fine with the contract they sign… they don’t NEED to do anything. Rodgers is on ice.

Now granted, it would look bad… like really bad.

But this would be assuming the jets don’t cave. And I don’t know, I just think the jets are too desperate  not to cave. Not like getting 2 first out of them… but it seems like they are going to get first rounder value.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

As fans I get that because we want something out of this.

But if we go full petty… and it seems like the last few years have been full of pettiness. Technically, if GB is fine with the contract they sign… they don’t NEED to do anything. Rodgers is on ice.

Now granted, it would look bad… like really bad.

But this would be assuming the jets don’t cave. And I don’t know, I just think the jets are too desperate  not to cave. Not like getting 2 first out of them… but it seems like they are going to get first rounder value.

I still don't see us getting a first rounder.  But I am hopeful.

They should be desperate.  More desperate than we are right now.

Who said Gary or Watson are bad? You guys are grasping at straws. Let's hope for as much draft capital possible with it getting done ASAP. Dragging this out has few if any benefits. 13 would be a dream, I'm guessing we get closer to a late first value.

Edited by PackFan13

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I still don't see us getting a first rounder.  But I am hopeful.

They should be desperate.  More desperate than we are right now.

I think they will get first round “value”. Now if they get a first round pick… that’s to be seen.

Seems like they are trying.

But I think multiple 2nds are more likely. Hope I’m wrong though.

But I think they want first round value plus a little more.

10 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Who said Gary or Watson are bad? You guys are grasping at straws. Let's hope for as much draft capital possible with it getting done ASAP. Dragging this out has few if any benefits. 13 would be a dream, I'm guessing we get closer to a late first value.

Terrible players.  They haven't done anything for us in weeks.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Ah.  This is delicious.

Vegas 1.  PackFan13 0.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You seem to be operating under the assumption that there's some urgency here.  Why?

Just showing that a competent front office would have gotten this deal done a long time ago.

And our front office can screw up making a grilled cheese sandwich.  How they stay employed is beyond me.

47 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just showing that a competent front office would have gotten this deal done a long time ago.

A competent front office would not have gotten this deal done a long time ago.  Obviously you wouldn't want to trade a franchise legend before he indicates that he would like to be traded, and ideally you would want to trade him to a place he'd like to be.  But at that point, you just have to wait for them to meet your asking price as Rodgers' contract is not structured in a way that puts a timetable on the Packers here.

Like there's literally no difference as far as GB is concerned between trading him two weeks ago and trading him the week of the draft.

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

A competent front office would not have gotten this deal done a long time ago...

Like there's literally no difference as far as GB is concerned between trading him two weeks ago and trading him the week of the draft.

In the intervening time there would be a difference in the stuff over which we'd argue and call each other names. 

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

In the intervening time there would be a difference in the stuff over which we'd argue and call each other names. 

Call each other names... like putting the word "competent" in front of the words Green Bay Front Office?  

I mean, any competent front office would like to know their picks well before the draft in order to identify their "pool" of players...and calculate trades.

Our buffoons (name calling) are more interested in the melting pile of revenue in the back yard.