The Vegas "Our Front Office can certainly screw the pooch on this one." thread

vegas492

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

and he will go where the money is highest.  so why again would Carr agree to a trade and restrict his potential to hit FA and get a big contract?

I actually think DC wants to win a Championship. I think he's made enough money and if he gets his 40 million guaranteed this year plus another 7.5 next year he's good. Not sure he's going to get the money in his current deal tbh. 

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

In theory yes, but unfortunately in this scenario Carr has a no trade clause. He holds all the cards, not the Raiders.

HE does and that is why it would seem odd for him to work out a contract to be traded, rather than just say, we've got a deal, keep your draft picks and I'll sign when free agency begins. 

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

why would Carr agree to a trade to a team that is willing to pay him on his current contract AND have to give up assets when the alternative is Carr gets cut and can sign with that same team for the same contract value and the new team gets to keep the assets?

He likely won't.  The Raiders have until the 15th to have to pay him or cut him.  The Raiders are trying to control things.   Carr holds the cards.

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I actually think DC wants to win a Championship. I think he's made enough money and if he gets his 40 million guaranteed this year plus another 7.5 next year he's good. Not sure he's going to get the money in his current deal tbh. 

So you think a team would rather trade draft pucks for Carr and pay him his current contract vs keep the picks and give him the same contract in FA?

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

HE does and that is why it would seem odd for him to work out a contract to be traded, rather than just say, we've got a deal, keep your draft picks and I'll sign when free agency begins. 

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So you think a team would rather trade draft pucks for Carr and pay him his current contract vs keep the picks and give him the same contract in FA?

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Possibly. Just my way of saying I have no idea what he's going to do but I would GUESS he's going to hit free agency. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Because if you trade for Carr, he's yours. If Carr is cut, you have to recruit him and he can go wherever he wants. 

Except he won't accept a trade to any team besides his preferred destination anyway. Which is the team that will sign him in free agency anyway.

I also think, on the open market, he can beat his current contract. Quarterbacks of his ability (top 12 or so) seldom reach free agency.

18 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not sure that he wasn't THE ONE who got it started!  He had one good game as a Packer...and it was right after that thread.

He seemed to do OK in Hou, so I feel the problem may have been some him, some GB. Mostly him. But I think he got too into his own head and was pressing 100% of the time here.

11 hours ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

One thing is for sure. We can all be thankful that Rodgers is holding true to his word that he won’t do what Favre did and make his decision into a media circus. Gute has to respect that.

I know this is supposed to be a sarcastic thread but IMO the media is making this more into a circus.  It's kinda funny.  Reporters and the guys on that podcast on Tuesdays ask him questions and then he is excoriated when he answers.  Everything he says and does is put under a microscope and dissected.  No wonder he wants to get away to a dark place for a couple of days.

It's almost amazing how we've apparently forgotten that there are hundreds....*hundreds* of athletes....from STARS to lowly UDFAs....who's seasons end....and you dont hear a god damned thing from them till they announce....whatever they're gonna do: retire....return...whatever.

Playing AR up as some kind of victim in all this...is a bit odd. 

When Schefter reported AR wasnt gonna return to GB on draft day.....and all the subsequent "revelations" about discontent over this or that.....
Did AR step forward and crush all the speculation? Could have done it easily enough. Did he? No. He left the FO and multiple individuals twisting in the wind of public debate.

For months. For months.

When he finally did open his mouth - when he showed up at training camp - he pulled a Bobby Ewing-like trick by declaring it was all a bad dream conjured up by the media.

So why didnt he put it all to rest.....somewhere....ANYWHERE....along the line?

He likes the attention. Period. The. End.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know this is supposed to be a sarcastic thread but IMO the media is making this more into a circus.

I am pretty sure the media isn't dragging Rodgers to his weekly podcast with McAfee where he talks about probably being closer to a "final, final decision" after a darkness retreat.  This circus is 100% what Rodgers wants.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know this is supposed to be a sarcastic thread but IMO the media is making this more into a circus.  It's kinda funny.  Reporters and the guys on that podcast on Tuesdays ask him questions and then he is excoriated when he answers.  Everything he says and does is put under a microscope and dissected.  No wonder he wants to get away to a dark place for a couple of days.

Aaron Rodgers .. such a victim.