The Vegas "Our Front Office can certainly screw the pooch on this one." thread

vegas492

You are all welcome.

You know the drill.

Best days are behind him.  He more or less signed the deal with GB to be here until he decides that he is retired.  And with Brady retiring, ain't no way #12 is sitting out this season and going into the HOF as second fiddle to Tom Brady.

No other team wants this guy.  Forget the owner of the Jets, that front office has to remember the Favre trade and the resulting cell phone pictures to a masseuse.  No way that they want that again.

Vegas?  Puh-Lease.  Even a Davis isn't dumb enough to pony up picks for an over the hill QB that his star receiver actively left last season.

Tennessee?  Do they even really have a team?  I can't find Nashville on a map without studying hard.  Even Rodgers needs GPS in his plane to find that place.

San Fran?  Yah, they would LOVE an aged and cooked QB to win regular season games and then get hurt and keep them from the Super Bowl

Dude's best years are waaaayyyy behind him.  It's a what have you done for me recently league...and recently he was out of the playoffs.  I think he completed more balls to the Lions secondary than he did to Lazard this past season.  And?  Couldn't even beat the Lions once.  Ouch.  Maybe the Lions own Rodgers?

• Like 7

What is this?  Trying reverse pyschology?  Packers "prefer to move on".  Yah it's time think he has a pretty high likelihood of being traded.  50/50 or 60/40.  Think the Packers are currently trying to guage the trade market before discussing it with Rodgers.  Makes sense.  If we can't get at least a 1 and 2 they will most likely say screw it and bring him back for another year.  Have a feeling Rodgers will want to play next year.  So why ruffle his feathers only to find out no one will pony up?  I think  teams will.  Only other part of the equation is Rodgers agreeing.  It will be a complicated and drawn out process it a deal goes down it will be awhile yet. 

Seems like this process needs a first domino to happen.

1.  Rodgers made decision of whether he wants to retire or play in 2023.

2.  From there, I'm not sure if GB or Rodgers is next up in the process of reaching an endpoint of this situation.   

Is it up to GB to decide if they want Rodgers back for 2023.

Or

Is it up to Rodgers to decide if he wants to play in GB or elsewhere.

I lean more toward GB needing to decide if they are transitioning onto Love or rolling with Rodgers another year.

If it's GB call to determine step 2..... then Rodgers has step 3

A.  He is back in GB and whether his contract is redone, though I'm not sure what part or why Rodgers would do that

B.  GB is transitioning and Rodgers provides a list of teams he would be willing to play for in a trade scenario.

17 hours ago, Scoremore said:

What is this?  Trying reverse pyschology?  Packers "prefer to move on".  Yah it's time think he has a pretty high likelihood of being traded.  50/50 or 60/40.  Think the Packers are currently trying to guage the trade market before discussing it with Rodgers.  Makes sense.  If we can't get at least a 1 and 2 they will most likely say screw it and bring him back for another year.  Have a feeling Rodgers will want to play next year.  So why ruffle his feathers only to find out no one will pony up?  I think  teams will.  Only other part of the equation is Rodgers agreeing.  It will be a complicated and drawn out process it a deal goes down it will be awhile yet. 

Do some research on other threads he's started like this. Christian Watson ring a bell?

If Rodgers wants to play in 2023 he's coming back to GB unless Packers' management feels Love is ready like Rodgers was in 2008.  If they feel Love is ready to take over the reins Gute will approach Rodgers and try to accommodate him and send him to a team of Aaron's liking.  It is as simple as that.  All the rest of this talk is just conjecture.

19 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

The "prefer to trade him"might be a ploy to get him to redo his contract.  

Wanna stay in GB?  We need to talk.

Well keep you but in order to keep you we need to agree to X.

He said on Mcafee that if he were back it wouldn't be at the expected number on his contract. I don't think he cares about moving money around. He just wants the front office to need him back and then resign all some of his friends.