Downing to be fired by season's end?

RaidersAreOne

Mixed emotions with this one. On one hand he is a rookie OC and a new OC would be Carr's 4th/5th in his career. However he has so many talented players to utilize and our O SUCKS. We have taken an enormous step backwards in all aspects as an Offense. Quite frankly I hope we get an entire new coaching staff, JDR included.

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mixed emotions with this one. On one hand he is a rookie OC and a new OC would be Carr's 4th/5th in his career. However he has so many talented players to utilize and our O SUCKS. We have taken an enormous step backwards in all aspects as an Offense. Quite frankly I hope we get an entire new coaching staff, JDR included.

I don’t really trust La Canfora, now if Rappaport or Schefter Coraborate it then I will. 

What is the success rate for rookie coordinators?  Do you expect growing pains or are these guys expected to be promoted and good to go from the start?  I personally have no idea and do not want to get rid of what is suppose to be a talented coach over one year.  Also with him performing well below expectations do you think he could go back to his old job of QB coach.  I do not see anyone hiring him as a coordinator for next year.

11 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Hope he's gone at the end of the year he has a few more games to change my opinion.

There's little he can do to change my mind. The only reason I see him staying is if there is something I'm missing with this whole rooking OC thing. If we let Musgrave go to keep him, because in 2 years he would be some prodigy. 

I see little reason to fire both coordinators and keep Del Rio. What's the point? If we're going to do that, you need top tier OC talent to come in and to do that you need to make them HC.

12 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

There's little he can do to change my mind. The only reason I see him staying is if there is something I'm missing with this whole rooking OC thing. If we let Musgrave go to keep him, because in 2 years he would be some prodigy. 

I see little reason to fire both coordinators and keep Del Rio. What's the point? If we're going to do that, you need top tier OC talent to come in and to do that you need to make them HC.

????

1 minute ago, Silver&Black88 said:

????

Here's a question for you. Realistically - 

This team is 1 game out of tied for first place in the division. And we all know this team is actually awful. It's really bad. What does it take to get Del Rio fired? Sitting at 5 wins, I do not see him fired at 7-8 wins. That's the bread and butter of a mediocre head coach that Del Rio is. And we knew that going in. If Del Rio gets us 8 wins, and is fired, I would say he did a job well done. We took an experienced mediocre head coach to take our dumpster fire of a franchise out of the graveyard. He has served his purpose. Now the team has talent and needs to be developed. 

Don't be Jacksonville of the Del Rio age. Don't be Cincy of the Lewis age. Take the next step. Coach purgatory is not where we want to be.

15 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Here's a question for you. Realistically - 

This team is 1 game out of tied for first place in the division. And we all know this team is actually awful. It's really bad. What does it take to get Del Rio fired? Sitting at 5 wins, I do not see him fired at 7-8 wins. That's the bread and butter of a mediocre head coach that Del Rio is. And we knew that going in. If Del Rio gets us 8 wins, and is fired, I would say he did a job well done. We took an experienced mediocre head coach to take our dumpster fire of a franchise out of the graveyard. He has served his purpose. Now the team has talent and needs to be developed. 

Don't be Jacksonville of the Del Rio age. Don't be Cincy of the Lewis age. Take the next step. Coach purgatory is not where we want to be.

I think it comes down to McKenzie.  He should press it.  I mean, they're joined at the hip and the indication is that Mark picked JDR.  If I'm Reggie, I'm telling Mark Davis the same thing you said.

Truth be told, RMK could have done better stocking the cupboard with talent for JDR.  But at this point, why not stock the cupboard for a better coach's system instead?

Dfrey said it, success with rookie coordinators barely exists. Which begs the question, why does del Rio continue to support rookie coordinators. Get anyone in here with experience and they'll find some level of success with the talent we have. Musgrave a good example. Even with his faults our offense was a massive success. I'm in support of getting rid of downing too and hire a pair of veteran coordinators to run things. 

Archived