Downing to be fired by season's end?

RaidersAreOne

On 11/29/2017 at 6:57 AM, big_palooka said:

Frank Reich? Funny how things work. He was blasted frequently for a poor offense in San Diego this time last year and now look! Definition of what have you done for me lately.

Pretty sure Doug P calls the plays 

John DeFelippo will be a hotter commodity believe it or not 

15 hours ago, Rolni said:

BB is a defensive mind. Don't forget that.

Who was the latest coordinator who became successfull HC from that BB coaching tree? Who was the latest DC under BB who got a HC gig and became successfull?

Call me crazy, but I think patricia is an exception. He's also been working under BB for several years. You really think he hasn't helped that defense tremendously?

I'd bring McCoy in now as an assistant, just in case they fire Dowling before the end of the season. I might even tell Dowling he's back to QB coach and McCoy is OC if we struggle today. I like Dowling, but I expect scapegoats and feel mcCoy was a scapegoat and won't be available if we wait til next season. So bring him in now and let the coaches check their EGO's

On 2017. 12. 03. at 4:41 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Call me crazy, but I think patricia is an exception. He's also been working under BB for several years. You really think he hasn't helped that defense tremendously?

I won't say that, but I don't know what is happening there behind the curtains.

I would stay away from that BB coaching tree if I can...

I would really like us to bring in Mike McCoy as a consultant and at least we would have an inhouse emergency OC candidate when Downing walks and no veteran OC want to work with JDR...

I don't really know much about the Jets coaching staff apart from Todd Bowles but whoever else they have got there is getting amazing results considering the dearth of talent on that roster - that's the types of coordinators I'd be targeting, ones who've exceeded expectations with limited resources. To me, a coaches job is to make the Offence or Defence greater than the sum of it's parts..........

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I don't really know much about the Jets coaching staff apart from Todd Bowles but whoever else they have got there is getting amazing results considering the dearth of talent on that roster - that's the types of coordinators I'd be targeting, ones who've exceeded expectations with limited resources. To me, a coaches job is to make the Offence or Defence greater than the sum of it's parts..........

I wasn't really thinking about looking into hiring one of their coordinators, but I did notice that they have been outperforming expectations.  I remember a lot of people saying the Jets were guaranteed to get the number 1 pick in the draft after they released Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall and traded Sheldon Richardson to the Seahawks.  Now the Jets are 5-7.  Pretty impressive coaching right there.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wasn't really thinking about looking into hiring one of their coordinators, but I did notice that they have been outperforming expectations.  I remember a lot of people saying the Jets were guaranteed to get the number 1 pick in the draft after they released Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall and traded Sheldon Richardson to the Seahawks.  Now the Jets are 5-7.  Pretty impressive coaching right there.

I remember it too. I said they were still a dangerous team and got attacked like I was a Donkey lover or something.

Archived