The Aaron Rodgers Watch Thread

BayRaider

So it is looking likely that Rodgers is gone. All these reports wouldn’t have leaked if the Packer FO didn’t want them to leak. They are probably the ones who leaked all the Rodgers trade stuff.

IMO there are four possibilities:

- Green Bay if they make up, but I doubt it. I really think the Packers want to try the Jordan Love experiment before they can’t, and they have a younger team now.

- Las Vegas. Looking like his most likely landing spot. Not a defensive championship roster by any means, but it might be the best offensive cast Rodgers has ever had. Josh Jacobs was the best RB in the NFL last season. Adams imo is the best WR in the NFL. He’s at least Top 3. And always better with Rodgers. And then Renfrow and Waller. He also gets to play in a dome. Raiders can try to build the defense through draft and FA.

- Jets. Second most likely team. I do think people overrate the Jets roster, especially their OL and WR’s. OL is very injury prone and their WR core is still developing. Rodgers is trying to escape developing WR’s. Also, would Rodgers really want to play in the New York cold? Usually QB’s in their late 30’s and 40’s hate playing in the cold. But, the Jets have a pretty good defensive roster, and defenses do win titles. But is that enough to lure Rodgers? 

- Titans, dark horse team but unlikely. I personally think the Titans are on a downward spiral and downward trajectory. It will be the rise of the Jags in that division also. Titans offensive roster is kind of cheeks as well. Main attraction is Henry who is gonna be 29, completely ancient for a RB. 

- Super dark horse team is the Seahawks. But would Seattle really do Geno like that? I doubt it. 

Edited by BayRaider

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Super dark horse team is the Seahawks. But would Seattle really do Geno like that? I doubt it. 

0% chance he's headed to Seattle.  They're already working on a long-term contract with Geno Smith.  If you want a super dark horse team, look at the Commanders or Patriots.

Hell yeah screw that other Rodgers trade thread in general.

This is what ChatGPT came up with when I asked:

Oh great quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, hear our plea,
Your talent's been wasted, it's time to be free.
In Green Bay you've shone, but now it's time to go,
To a team that will value you, a chance to truly grow.

The NFL is waiting, with arms wide open wide,
For a quarterback of your caliber, they cannot hide.
Teams are searching, they're looking far and wide,
For a signal-caller who can take them to the other side.

San Francisco calls, with a desperate plea,
They seek a quarterback to lead them back to victory.
The Niners once ruled, with a dominant flair,
But now they seek a leader, someone with a special air.

Las Vegas is calling, with glitz and with glam,
They need a quarterback to put them on the map.
The Raiders have waited, for years they have hoped,
For a signal-caller who can take them to the next level of hope.

Oh Aaron Rodgers, you're one of the greats,
A future hall of famer, your talent creates.
So pack your bags, it's time to move on,
To a team that will cherish you, and never do you wrong.

The NFL awaits you, with eager eyes,
For a quarterback of your skill, they'll surely arise.
So make the move, take the leap of faith,
To a team that will cherish you, and make you shine with grace.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

- Las Vegas. Looking like his most likely landing spot. Not a defensive championship roster by any means, but it might be the best offensive cast Rodgers has ever had. Josh Jacobs was the best RB in the NFL last season. Adams imo is the best WR in the NFL. He’s at least Top 3. And always better with Rodgers. And then Renfrow and Waller. He also gets to play in a dome. Raiders can try to build the defense through draft and FA.

'member when he had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb at WR, Jermichael Finley at TE and a four deep RB group of Ryan Grant, Alex Green, Cedric Benson and James Stark with John Kuhn at FB. He had Newhouse, TJ Lang, old man Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton and Brian Bulaga for a pretty good line too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

0% chance he's headed to Seattle.  They're already working on a long-term contract with Geno Smith.  If you want a super dark horse team, look at the Commanders or Patriots.

I did think Commanders but no way he goes there with the Snyder drama. There is zero chance the NFL allows Washington to win a Super Bowl until that drama clears up. 

He also isn't going to want to walk in Tom's shoes.

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

'member when he had Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb at WR, Jermichael Finley at TE and a four deep RB group of Ryan Grant, Alex Green, Cedric Benson and James Stark with John Kuhn at FB. He had Newhouse, TJ Lang, old man Jeff Saturday, Josh Sitton and Brian Bulaga for a pretty good line too.

More deep, sure. But not on The Raiders star power. Possibly best WR in football. Possibly best RB in football. Possibly Top 3 TE in football. Possibly Top 3 Slot WR in football. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

More deep, sure. But not on The Raiders star power. Possibly best WR in football. Possibly best RB in football. Possibly Top 3 TE in football. Possibly Top 3 Slot WR in football. 

Only part of that might be true is the Davante Adams part.

• Like 8

Just now, BayRaider said:

... If Davante is what is making the Raiders possibly the most talented offensive support Rodgers has ever had... surely you see how that's kinda funny right?

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I’m going dark horse & gonna say Washington. They have a ton of weapons offensively and if they can get a lead on teams, that D would feast in pass rush. 

No way the NFL allows Washington to win a title when they hate Snyder so much, and Rodgers knows it. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I did think Commanders but no way he goes there with the Snyder drama. There is zero chance the NFL allows Washington to win a Super Bowl until that drama clears up. 

He also isn't going to want to walk in Tom's shoes.

I would agree.  I think the Commanders are in the very unlikely category.  Same with New England.  But I think it'd fit Bill Belichick's timeline moreso than Mac Jones.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Going into 2022, Waller was universally a Top 3 Ranked TE and Renfrow a universal ranked Top 3 Slot WR, arguably #1. Injuries destroyed both this season.

Darren Waller hasn't been healthy in 2 full seasons.  At this point, I think Travis Kelce, George Kittle, and Mark Andrews are clearly better than Waller.  And there's probably a slew of young TEs that I'd take moving forward.  I'm not saying the Raiders are short on offensive weapons by any means.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Darren Waller hasn't been healthy in 2 full seasons.  At this point, I think Travis Kelce, George Kittle, and Mark Andrews are clearly better than Waller.  And there's probably a slew of young TEs that I'd take moving forward.  I'm not saying the Raiders are short on offensive weapons by any means.

I think a lot of that may have been non-injury related chalked up as injury. Waller was sitting out with any minor injury that popped up. And when Carr was finally benched, finally seemed like Waller was 100% and played his heart out for Stidham. He also threw shade and was ice cold in an interview to Carr once he was benched. I definitely think there was friction. Can't prove it, but seems obvious. Carr has a tendency to throw players under the bus and Waller didn't take kindly to that. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think a lot of that may have been non-injury related chalked up as injury. Waller was sitting out with any minor injury that popped up. And when Carr was finally benched, finally seemed like Waller was 100% and played his heart out for Stidham. He also threw shade and was ice cold in an interview to Carr once he was benched. I definitely think there was friction. Can't prove it, but seems obvious. Carr has a tendency to throw players under the bus and Waller didn't take kindly to that. 

And that's very well possible.  Do I expect him to rehab his value?  Absolutely.  Do I think he's Darren Waller of 2 years ago?  No.