Trade Deadline Discussion and Proposals

seminoles1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

does it make sense for GS to attach a future 2nd to get a deal done with 1 of those teams?

I think so, $131M is a ton of savings, especially considering how much their owner has already paid in luxury tax fees to keep the team together. Wiseman only has one year left on his rookie deal, has played a grand total of 262 minutes this season, and doesn't look like he can help them in their current window. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Holy crap. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to get KD so they’ll probably use his deal as part of it. 

They only receive the savings if they trade him without receiving any salary back, not if he's traded in a deal to match salary, lol.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They only receive the savings if they trade him without receiving any salary back, not if he's traded in a deal to match salary, lol.

Yes I’m aware. But I think they want to use his salary in a KD deal. But I’m sure if they can’t they’ll try and dump him for nothing. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

In other news, the Jazz try and trade dog crap and get diamonds back.

Jarred Vanderbilt is a good role player and on one of the most cost effective contracts in the NBA. Malik Beasley is the leading 3P shooter off the bench in the NBA this season and has a team option for $15M next year so he can also be used as a rental for a team looking to shed salary. 

John Collins has gotten progressively worse over the last 4 seasons and is averaging 13/7 on 25% from 3 this year. Not great when you consider he still has 3 yr/$78M on his current deal. 

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think so, $131M is a ton of savings, especially considering how much their owner has already paid in luxury tax fees to keep the team together. Wiseman only has one year left on his rookie deal, has played a grand total of 262 minutes this season, and doesn't look like he can help them in their current window. 

even for individuals with billions in their bank accounts, $131M is noteworthy savings!!!!

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yes I’m aware. But I think they want to use his salary in a KD deal. But I’m sure if they can’t they’ll try and dump him for nothing. 

Man, for how sensitive KD is and how he apparently wanted to leave GS to win as the lead dog, him going back with his tail between his legs after this Brooklyn stint would be hilarious.