Trade Deadline Discussion and Proposals

seminoles1

Just now, CWood21 said:

Did I say it was a good offer?  I thought the offers for Kyrie were all awful.

I'm curious as to how Collins is considered diamonds, I might prefer Vanderbilt over him, especially when you consider cost. 

But I'm praying we get your 2027/2029 FRPs. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm curious as to how Collins is considered diamonds, I might prefer Vanderbilt over him, especially when you consider cost. 

I wonder what combo of players LA would be okay with taking back if they give up both.

What if they got back all 4 of Conley, Clarkson, Beasley, and Olynyk? Westbrook + Walker would get that done.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder what combo of players LA would be okay with taking back if they give up both.

What if they got back all 4 of Conley, Clarkson, Beasley, and Olynyk? Westbrook + Walker would get that done.

Sounds like they're interested in Conley, Beasley, and Vanderbilt. I'd assume that's because those three can help them now but still allow them to maintain some cap flexibility. Conley only has 1 non-fully GTD year left on his deal, Beasley has a team option for $15M, and Vanderbilt has 1 yr/$4M left on his deal. Olynyk's deal is only partially guaranteed for next season as well.

They could take those three and Olynyk without having to attach anymore salary. 

50 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Man, for how sensitive KD is and how he apparently wanted to leave GS to win as the lead dog, him going back with his tail between his legs after this Brooklyn stint would be hilarious.

It really wouldn’t be his choice though. He has 3.5 years left on his deal. 

53 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Man, for how sensitive KD is and how he apparently wanted to leave GS to win as the lead dog, him going back with his tail between his legs after this Brooklyn stint would be hilarious.

I wonder what they'd want. In the summer time, Poole/Kuminga/Baldwin/Wiseman/Moody matches up salary wise, they can't trade Wiggins until next September.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think they care. I doubt they asked kyrie where he wanted to go. 

Their ownership group seems to have a much better relationship with Durant than they had with Kyrie. It doesn't really matter though, the only teams that are going to give up the assets required to land him are contenders like Boston, Memphis, Golden State, Phoenix, etc. 

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You think that would stop the narrative?

If anything they should do it just to hurt his legacy, lol. Although the Warriors potentially missing the playoffs changes things a little bit because he isn't joining them immediately after another title. He'd actually be coming after a down year so if they win it next year with him, it'd actually make him look good, lol.

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Bro what

All those dudes play with Lillard and have been healthy the entire year. And they're under .500 for a reason. Nurkic isn't good, Grant isn't good and Simons is fine but one of the worst defensive players in the lg. 

That would give the Suns the best top-7 in the West and a young backcourt-mate going forward with Book.

Grant is definitely good, or at least a better starting-4 than Cam who improved the bench by going back. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not even saying John Collins is that valuable.  I think your package is that bad.  Vanderbilt is the best piece of that package, and he's a first big off the bench type.  You've got an overpaid PG with a breaking down body with a significant cap hit next year, a solid shooting wing on a reasonable deal but doesn't offer much besides that, and a first big off the bench.  But here you're demanding an unprotected FRP from the Lakers for?  Mind boggling.  Let me ask you this, do you think that those 3 teams fetch a FRP with any real upside from another team?  If the answer is no, then the whole discussion is done.

Better yet, put yourselves in the shoes of the Lakers' GM (Rob Pelinka).  Why would you accept that deal?  The Lakers are already very limited in terms of number of assets tradeable assets as it is, and you want to give up one of the best ones they've got.  Do you really think that the package you're presenting makes them a title contender?