Tim Kelly named Offensive Coordinator, Charles London also hired

titans0021

My thoughts about Kelly remain the same. If we thought he was a great offensive coordinator candidate and better than any external candidate we could potentially bring in this offseason, he should have been named OC last offseason. Or in October. 

If Vrabel wasn’t convinced that he was better than Downing eight months ago, or even four months ago, it does little to build my confidence in the offensive direction.

• Like 1

this is absolutely bizarre. demoting steckel after chig and hooper both had good years and he got OC interviews? moving dews? hiring a longtime running back and RB coach to be our passing game coordinator? *promoting from within on the OL*????

nothing about this inspires any confidence that we will stop being a completely rudderless ship on offense.

Uninspiring hire, but I'll say it again. If Kelly wasn't part of the staff this past year and we hired him from somewhere else, I don't think anyone would feel salty.

I think Vrabel firing Downing mid-season was likely never going to happen. Vrabel doesn't seem like a guy to rock the boat mid-year, especially w/ Tanny getting hurt mid-season...Downing was miserable but continuity is key in certain instances.

the staff moves are "interesting", but I'm going to hold off judgement right now.

It'll all come down to Kelly. Fingers crossed this proves to be a good move.

Everything about the offensive coaching staff screams what we’ve all already assumed. This is Vrabel’s offense and it will be run the way he wants it to be run. The play caller is really the only thing that matters since the style of offense will always remain the same.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Everything about the offensive coaching staff screams what we’ve all already assumed. This is Vrabel’s offense and it will be run the way he wants it to be run. The play caller is really the only thing that matters since the style of offense will always remain the same.

when we actually have a good OL and competent WRs...what has the issue w/ "Vrabel's offense" been?

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

when we actually have a good OL and competent WRs...what has the issue w/ "Vrabel's offense" been?

Arguably the biggest criticism of Ryan Tannehill is that he needs good talent around him to succeed. For a whole coaching philosophy to be based around needing good receivers, a good offensive line, an elite RB and an incredibly efficient QB to succeed seems significantly worse?

But yes, it’s shown it can work. If everything is perfect, Vrabel’s ultra conservative offense can function great, especially if he has a good play caller. Until we get to playoffs and slam Derrick up the middle for two yards a pop and force our QB into predictable passing downs with plays designed for Chester Rogers and Nick Westbrook.

• Like 1