Tim Kelly named Offensive Coordinator, Charles London also hired

titans0021

Outside of some coach that has a proven history of #1 offenses it was gonna be a whatever hire to me. 

I don't think there is an OC that any one team or fanbase loves without question. 

I don't mind Kelly because he is a proven play caller. Now we just need to make sure we have the talent or players to run it. 

Or take advantage of the guys we have or will have. 

It's not gloom and doom. 

But yeah it's Vrabel play style. He isn't s guy that just wants to run 5 wide and air it out. 

We could trade Henry tomorrow but he would just get a guy or guys to run the ball with. 

Hopefully the new oc will have more balance and less predictable. 

• Like 1

Such a meh hiring for me. I think the promotion of the assistant coach of the OL being the new OL coach is the disappointing part. It’s the equivalent of if we kept Ryan Cowden. 

Overall, I’m just hoping the new run game coordinator, pass game coordinator and OC as a collective can get the offense on one accord and productive.

16 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I agree that we should get the best person for the job possible.

I don't think that necessarily means "just someone who wasn't here last year" or that it means anyone who was here last year isn't the best person for the job.

Who are the alternatives and how do their qualifications stand up outside of what talk shows say about these people? 

Matt Nagy? Eric Bieniemy?

brian johnson in philly, mike lafleur, bobby slowik from SF are three very qualified candidates that come to mind immediately who we didn’t even take a look at because they’re not part of vrabel’s brews with the boys club. I cannot think of a single instance where we actually conducted a real search for a coordinator under him. that’s concerning.

11 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Didn't everyone want Kelly? lol.

I like it. Unlike Downing, he has shown us he can handle an actual offense. Now get him some talent.

People sure are funny.

Just get me to free agency and the draft. Excited to see what Rans vision and impact is on the talent of this team. Especially offensively.

💪🏽 Bingo 

• Like 1

https://broadwaysportsmedia.com/what-to-expect-from-tim-kelly/

Good read on Kelly.

"When you have a quarterback like Watson, it makes sense to pass early and often. O’Brien just didn’t do it. Tim Kelly changed that, when he took over play calling duties, by going from 19th in early down pass plays called, and moved that ranking all the way up to third."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Well you're gonna need some meds because he isn't going anywhere 

And it's not terrible, it's just a whatever feeling. 
Right moves and we could be back leading the division and maybe winning a playoff game or two.

It's just that I don't have much faith of more than that. 

Tim Kelly I think is a good OC. He got Davis Mills to look pretty good And his time with Watson was highly respected. 

If we would have had just an middle of the road offense last year we likely are playing in the Divisional round if not the AFC championship game, given how we play both the Bengals and Chiefs with our defense. 

So...all aboard I guess. lol

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

brian johnson in philly, mike lafleur, bobby slowik from SF are three very qualified candidates that come to mind immediately who we didn’t even take a look at because they’re not part of vrabel’s brews with the boys club. I cannot think of a single instance where we actually conducted a real search for a coordinator under him. that’s concerning.

He hit with every OC he had except downing Laflare was handicapped by mariota, an art was sensational best OC since dinger. Kelly is a very damn good OC, im only worried bout OL & WR’s proofs in the pudding with Kelly, Watson best yrs we’re under Kelly throwing for almost 5k yards, he’ll when the last time we had a 4k yard passer. I think with Kelly we remain a run 1st team like vrabel wants but we use the pass to setup the run more vs being stubborn run open up pass. Relax have faith.