Saints looking at Raiders QB Derek Carr?

RaidersAreOne

I would live to sign Carr. I was iffy on moving a high pick for him but as a FA its a no-brainer. Carr is, at worst, an above average starting QB who has never had a good defense. I think he'd be a pleasant surprise when not asked to do as much as he was on the Raiders. He takes care of the ball well and would have the best OL he's had in his career. I'm not saying this guy will be Brees 2.0, or even close, but I think he can be another big QB hit in free agency for the Saints and could easily be our guy for the next 5-7 years.

8 hours ago, Kingram said:

I would live to sign Carr. I was iffy on moving a high pick for him but as a FA its a no-brainer. Carr is, at worst, an above average starting QB who has never had a good defense. I think he'd be a pleasant surprise when not asked to do as much as he was on the Raiders. He takes care of the ball well and would have the best OL he's had in his career. I'm not saying this guy will be Brees 2.0, or even close, but I think he can be another big QB hit in free agency for the Saints and could easily be our guy for the next 5-7 years.

Our OLine seriously regressed last season. 

But I agree, I wouldn't be against signing Carr. I was against trading for him on that contract, but signing him in FA is acceptable.

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Our OLine seriously regressed last season. 

But I agree, I wouldn't be against signing Carr. I was against trading for him on that contract, but signing him in FA is acceptable.

They protected Dalton. I think Winston has a difficult time reading pressure.