Is it bad form to release players after bad games?

footy_29

Thinking about it watching Robertson's bonehead play. When he's JAG, why would a team keep you around with comparable options on the market?

Kouandjio looked out of place. Bergstrom certainly was less than great, but at least has some versatility and some good moments...until some healthy players return. 

At what point - if not after a performance like that - do you move on from Kouandjio?
If you're going to go through rough/brutal plays - man, was Kouandjio brutal - at least let it be the UDFA that needs another offseason of weight training (Roullier too). Catalina is on skates a good amount. 
Nsekhe is someone I would attempt to trade this offseason.

Who do you replace them with? It's not like a free agent is going to be light years ahead of them talent wise. Plus they'll have to come in and learn a new system.

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone makes stupid mistakes. In a season with very little shot at the playoffs, there's no reason to give up on guys so quickly.

He had a really good game and then they sat him down. Then he played again the following week due to Lauvao's injury and struggled against one of the better DL in football. I'd give Arie the rest of the season and see how he comes along. Yes he's been with the team for awhile and knows the system but he has very little game experience. 

19 hours ago, mike23md said:

Yeah, and Kouandjio has been here for a few years so he knows the system, but the talent may not be there. When you don;t have quality depth across the board, it shows when the injuries rack up. 

So Kou is different if you evaluate him as not having talent.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:22 PM, footy_29 said:

Thinking about it watching Robertson's bonehead play. When he's JAG, why would a team keep you around with comparable options on the market?

Kouandjio looked out of place. Bergstrom certainly was less than great, but at least has some versatility and some good moments...until some healthy players return. 

At what point - if not after a performance like that - do you move on from Kouandjio?
If you're going to go through rough/brutal plays - man, was Kouandjio brutal - at least let it be the UDFA that needs another offseason of weight training (Roullier too). Catalina is on skates a good amount. 
Nsekhe is someone I would attempt to trade this offseason.

4603546-571083942a7feb6bce027edee668c6b3

On 12/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, footy_29 said:

Turns out you make [Robertson] a healthy scratch and then release him the game after.

If you're a special teams guy, you basically get one chance. Sucks, but that's the business.

I agree with Tandler’s re-sign in the offseason list:

1. Byron Marshall

2. Arie Kouandijo as a back up guard who will compete for the starting LG position.

3. Nick Rose. I’d re-sign Hopkins for competition, and may the best man win the competition.

4. Tony Bergstrom to compete for a spot as the back up C behind Long or Roullier.

Archived