MNF Games Now Can Be Flexed In 2023

Broncofan

Zero idea how they can make it work with changing actual dates - venues, travel, and that's just for the teams - for fans who are planning trips, going to need to incorporate the uncertainty.   And that's before they start going after TNF games (wow).

I get the appeal of taking out meaningless prime time games, but this seems more challenging than just flexing same-day games.  Guess we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

Monday night I feel like it's too bad, I hope that the rules make it two weeks in advance or something. Thursday night I dislike, the point of Thursday is that every team will get a Thursday night game, so if it's flexed and a team gets two that aren't back to back, no go for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We learned about this a few months ago, but there are postponements and changes in sports all the time. It’s inconvenient to the fans going to that game, but it’s much more beneficial to the fans at home. Millions is greater than thousands.

It's very much telling fans the league doesn't care about in-game attendance.   TV $ rules all (which is the smart business decision, but let's call a spade a spade).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's very much telling fans the league doesn't care about in-game attendance.   TV $ rules all (which is the smart business decision, but let's call a spade a spade).

I’m curious of the percentage of fans that fly in for games. Places like Vegas would have a bigger percentage, but still would be interesting to see the data.

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Imagine the profit margin improvement if they got rid of stadiums all together and went full TV Network studio. Just rotated the teams through over the week. You could spend 48 hours a week just watching NFL football back to back from the comfort of your own home. Only 79.99 a week sports fans, sign up and get exclusive camera angles never seen before now. 

Also something something about player safety. With the top teams getting flexed into Monday night to try to save that dog poo time slot, the better teams will get short weeks to prep for the next team after being flexed so yay more parity…

Edited by Leoric

19 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Monday night I feel like it's too bad, I hope that the rules make it two weeks in advance or something. Thursday night I dislike, the point of Thursday is that every team will get a Thursday night game, so if it's flexed and a team gets two that aren't back to back, no go for me.

Yeah getting flexed into thursday night is a punishment.

Even flexing monday games makes no sense. All this does is screw over fans who want to travel to see their teams.