Gabriel: Fox was forced on Pace

WindyCity

Is it over speculating to say that Ryan Pace and and the front office were in Ann Arbor last week to get an up close look at Harbaugh or was it simply to scout player son Michigan and Ohio State?

There are rumblings that Harbaugh could leave Michigan after this season for the NFL and if Bears are intent on keeping continuity on defense with Fangio and Donatell then they could sell that to Harbaugh.

10 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Why would Harbaugh help? He is a great disciplinarian and got to a Superbowl but tell me about his offensive philosophy that really helps Mitch. I think that to me is the critical component of a new HC.

His SF offenses were incredibly efficient. They didn’t pass a ton but when they did were really effective. The TD:INT ratio for both Kap and Smith were really good in his offense in spite of not ever having an elite receiver. Harbaugh resurrected Smith’s career. Mitch is a better pure passer than either. They had past-prime Boldin and Crabtree, plus Vernon Davis. None of those are elite targets. The goal for Shaheen is a prime Davis, and we can absolutely get comparable players to Boldin and Crabtree in FA. They operated with mobile QBs who could run but weren’t “runners” (which we have) and emphasized the run game with Frank Gore. Howard is better than Gore or at least on par. 

20 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Why would Harbaugh help? He is a great disciplinarian and got to a Superbowl but tell me about his offensive philosophy that really helps Mitch. I think that to me is the critical component of a new HC.

Made Collin Kapernick a bum read option gimmick QB into a viable starter and as soon as Harbaugh left Kap turned into a garbage QB (Nothing to do with the kneeling all about play on the field) .  He took a bust #1 pick in Alex Smith and revived his career and made him decent.  Harbaugh would take great care of Mitch.   One could easily argue that Harbaugh would be the best for Mitch but that would cost the bears probably 11 to 15 million a year.    

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I have no idea why McDaniels doesn't scare the hell out of you, as a HC candidate. 

I've been digging in quite a bit into how he has grown/changed since the Denver Debacle. I think he's as close as Ryan Pace can possibly get to finding his Sean Payton.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I've been digging in quite a bit into how he has grown/changed since the Denver Debacle. I think he's as close as Ryan Pace can possibly get to finding his Sean Payton.

I haven't seen any of that, although perhaps I should. Between how he completely screwed up in Denver though, and the utterly terrible track record of Belichick assistants let loose to do their own thing...wow...I don't know. Fox has lost his mind, and the team, though, so I guess I'd be open. Not at all my first choice, however. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I haven't seen any of that, although perhaps I should. Between how he completely screwed up in Denver though, and the utterly terrible track record of Belichick assistants let loose to do their own thing...wow...I don't know. Fox has lost his mind, and the team, though, so I guess I'd be open. Not at all my first choice, however. 

This is great read from Dan Pompei on McDaniels' growth since his Denver days:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666428-the-redemption-of-josh-mcdaniels-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

9 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Is it over speculating to say that Ryan Pace and and the front office were in Ann Arbor last week to get an up close look at Harbaugh or was it simply to scout player son Michigan and Ohio State?

There are rumblings that Harbaugh could leave Michigan after this season for the NFL and if Bears are intent on keeping continuity on defense with Fangio and Donatell then they could sell that to Harbaugh.

Probably not.

But, I hope so. If nothing else, I want to see Jim Harbaugh pacing the sidelines at Lambeau and shouting obscenities across the field at Mike McCarthy’s fat *** between trap runs out of the Full House formation with like two nose tackles as fullbacks. FOOTBALL!

5 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Probably not.

But, I hope so. If nothing else, I want to see Jim Harbaugh pacing the sidelines at Lambeau and shouting obscenities across the field at Mike McCarthy’s fat *** between trap runs out of the Full House formation with like two nose tackles as fullbacks. FOOTBALL!

Lol. One thing I'll say about Harbaugh is that he sure knew how to beat A-Rod and the Packers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he was undefeated against them including playoffs. We need a coach who knows how to beat those guy because it's been utter domination and one sided since Lovie left.

The thing is if you can get Harbaugh you take him end of story...the guy has a 44-19 NFL record with a team who the three years before him went a combined 21-27 record in the 3 years before him and a 8-35 record to this point in the 3rd season after him...Harbaugh instantly makes you a player for any free agents & coaching assistants...he brings an intensity and attitude that very few do and yeah he might want things his way or the highway but hell name a great HC in any sport who doesn't?

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The thing is if you can get Harbaugh you take him end of story...the guy has a 44-19 NFL record with a team who the three years before him went a combined 21-27 record in the 3 years before him and a 8-35 record to this point in the 3rd season after him...Harbaugh instantly makes you a player for any free agents & coaching assistants...he brings an intensity and attitude that very few do and yeah he might want things his way or the highway but hell name a great HC in any sport who doesn't?

You know he’s going to get every single ounce out of Trubisky. He’s going to demand hyper commitment and everything we have heard about Mitch is that he lives and breathes football. Under Harbaugh is the best chance for Mitch to become a superstar, and that alone makes him my top choice.

That’s a coach the Bears can SELL though. Former Bear. Winning coach. Instant credibility. Toughness. Fire & passion. Hell, Bears logo khakis. With where the fan base is right now it’s a hire they HAVE to try to make happen. It’s THE hire factoring in everything right now IMO. That said, I put likelihood of a Harbaugh to Chicago reunion at 20%. Tops. 

What’s his Michigan buyout? It’s gotta be enormous. It doesn’t work like it does in college so it’s irrelevant, but I bet they could raise huge money from “boosters” to pay that buyout. 

3 hours ago, G08 said:

This is great read from Dan Pompei on McDaniels' growth since his Denver days:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666428-the-redemption-of-josh-mcdaniels-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

That's a good read. Thanks. There's a lot to it that's typical sports bio fluff, but overall, it's still illuminating. I do still worry about him being a tool (however talented) in service to the greatest of all time, though.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not at all sold on Harbaugh as head coach of the Bears...but that doesn't mean you're wrong. If Harbaugh is available, interested, whatever...he absolutely has to be the #1 choice.

11 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Probably not.

Probably my favorite post you've made. The visual is stuck in my head and it's awesome. Lmao

Archived