Worth more? #1 pick or Justin Fields?

mdonnelly21

67 members have voted

1. 1. Worth More for Trade

• Justin Fields
    • #1 Pick

First overall pick is more valuable.  Because you can do more with it, either a longer deal for a drafted player (which could be a QB), or because of it's trade value.

And that should take nothing away from Fields.  I don't know enough concerning any QB in this draft class, but Chicago is devoid of talent.  And that kid gave them a puncher's chance.  

Bears are in a great situation.  They can keep Fields and work to trade down (maybe a few times) to acquire players to put around Fields and grow with him.

If I were there as a GM (yah know, after I spent a nice at a Holiday Inn Express), I'd buy the offensive line, then draft defense.  But I'm also making sure that I draft a WR pretty high for him, because there's darned little WR value in FA this year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I think it’s a better question than it seems. The first pick this year is more than likely going to be a qb. As someone said before, if Fields was in this draft, he’d likely be the top guy. The first pick will yield more in return in a trade. Fields is being judged too critically after a year in a new system, terrible receivers, and horrendous blocking (don’t bring up the arbitrary misguided PFF OL stats lol). The years I thought were bad with our best receiver being either Earl Bennett or Devin Hester would’ve been preferable  to what we fielded last year. I think Fields makes tremendous strides this year with a whole offseason to work on mechanics and allow Getsy to figure his stuff out. Assuming the bears upgrade several positions, that is. But overall, I’m happier with Fields than I would be taking one of these qbs. And overall, I’m happy that we have both options lol. 

The reason why it isn’t close is due to money… If fields looks legit next year, he’s going to want a major pay day. Number one pick won’t kill you on the books for a few more years (of course you have to hit on the player).

CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, and Justin Fields

Who has the brightest future?

To me, Justin Fields has already had 2 years to potentially improve, and as a passer he hasn't shown enough to tell me he'll be good. 

Stroud and Young both still have higher stock as potential FQB. Not writing off Justin Fields yet, but I'm not expecting him to be a long term guy at this point.

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, and Justin Fields

Who has the brightest future?

To me, Justin Fields has already had 2 years to potentially improve, and as a passer he hasn't shown enough to tell me he'll be good. 

Stroud and Young both still have higher stock as potential FQB. Not writing off Justin Fields yet, but I'm not expecting him to be a long term guy at this point.

what do you mean by "higher stock"?

I think we also need to keep in mind that if Fields sucks, they can and will still move on from him in a year or two, all while having revamped their...to be blunt...absolutely HORRIFIC roster (sorry Bears fans). Then get your guy in 2024-2025 and have him setup for success. If you go out and get Stroud or Young, I'd wager there's well over a 50% chance he busts hard and you're back here again in the next 2-3 years, perhaps even multiple times.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Agreed. I personally wouldn’t have him 2nd either. Young>Stroud>Fields

But I’m super high on those two QBs from this year, so it’s not really a slight to Fields

In your opinion, in which respects is Stroud a better QB prospect than Fields?