Worth more? #1 pick or Justin Fields?

mdonnelly21

67 members have voted

1. 1. Worth More for Trade

• Justin Fields
    • #1 Pick

3 hours ago, malak1 said:

In your opinion, in which respects is Stroud a better QB prospect than Fields?

Processing speed. Consistent accuracy. Ability to read a defense and scan post-snap is significantly ahead of Fields as a prospect. I think Stroud is simply a smarter QB.

Fields biggest problem at OSU was holding onto the ball too long. Not because he was trying to make plays or wait for guys to get open, but because he was a genuinely slow processing QB. His Northwestern tape in particular was awful, if I’m remembering it correctly. He just wasn’t that good in college at the managing of the game. He is way more talented than Stroud with the arm and legs, but Stroud wins the cerebral battle. 

• Like 1

The #1 pick has far more trade value simply because every team would want to use it for someone regardless of position.  

I think a far more interesting topic (but I'm not starting a different thread) would be which would be more valuable to the Colts right now (not on the clock knowing who is already gone).................  Fields or the #4 pick?  The Bears could dangle that, take a QB, watch Houston take another, and................

To the Bears I would assume Justin Fields is worth more, and to other teams the #1 pick is worth more. Justin Fields is on the fast track to be the Bears best QB since Sid Luckman. Pick one will almost for sure be a defensive piece, and they should trade it down to recoup the second they lost for Claypool (and more). I would expect a team to offer a package for the first pick, I doubt the Bears stay put and accept a package for Fields. Fields value to a new team is reduced because two of his rookie contract years are spent already. Be neat if the Ravens flipped Lamar for a huge haul then gave part of the haul to CHI for Fields and then CHI drafted a new QB at one. I think that's the only potential Fields focused approach I see as a chance.