turtle28

2017 Training Camp Thread

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Not totally sure. They've attempted to correct last years mistake of not having any talent for Wentz to work with, so we have to see how all that works out. The boundary players in the secondary are a huge question mark as well, it could make or break the team this season.

Just scanning your roster, I assume the plan is to go with Blount as the 1st & 2nd down back with Sproles on 3rd downs (depending on Ryan Mathews for anything is a mistake). Looks like the Eagles' wide receiver corps is in the same shape as the Redskins': starters are essentially locked down (Alshon Jeffery, Jordan Matthews, Torrey Smith) but the backups are all in the air. If it weren't for the fact that every other receiver beyond the three already mentioned have either minimal or no experience, I think Nelson Agholor would be on the bubble. As it stands, he makes the roster, but he's a big pile of *shrug*.

I guess they've upgraded the talent around Wentz by adding Jeffery and to a lesser extent Torrey Smith. Of course, a lot of the players currently surround Wentz are free agents after this season: Alshon Jeffery (seriously ungood if he walks), Jordan Matthews (another problem if he leaves), Darren Sproles (getting long in the tooth, but still a solid contributor), LeGarrett Blount (not sure how well he'll fit, so this is a 50/50), and Ryan Mathews (eh whatever)

On an unrelated note: I HATE the redesigned NFL.com. I HATE that the team information is now just a pass through to each individual "official" site. It was so much better when the data was all aggregated in simple spot. Yes, I can find a given team's roster on the NFL.com site, but you have to dig for it now. Without knowing the exact URL, the only way I found is:

1. Click on the "..." link at the top of the page
  2. Click on the "STATS" link on the bar that just appeared.
  3. When the new page loads, click on "Player Search."
  4. When the new page loads, click on "By Team Roster."
  5. Select the team you want to see

Of course, the table you are given only lists 50 players, so you have two pages. And you cannot sort any of the fields. Complete bollocks.

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2017/7/29/16063954/redskins-training-camp-injury-updates-keith-marshall-carted-off-field-with-knee-injury-nfl

Sad news, Keith Marshall is carted off the field with a knee injury. :(

Other Camp injuries:

WR Maurice Harris: Knee strain, out 4 to 5 days

DE Anthony Lanier: Knee inflammation, day to day

CB Bashaud Breeland: Muscle cramps, left practice

WR Jamison Crowder: Hamstring tightness, held out of practice

TE Derek Carrier: Ankle strain

Hopefully practice translates into game day. I guess we'll find out next Thursday. I expect he, Lanier, Mbu, Pipkins and Banks will play the entire second half.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:09 AM, turtle28 said:
On 7/27/2017 at 1:08 PM, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I've heard nothing but good things about Doctson which gets a bit of a rise out of me in a particular area. And that's all I got to say about that!

Came in here just to see if he was finally healthy... lol. 

Good stuff.

Just another receiver in the division that will likely kill our weak corners.

On 7/28/2017 at 9:09 AM, turtle28 said:

I've heard nothing but good things about Doctson which gets a bit of a rise out of me in a particular area. And that's all I got to say about that!

So you get a boner when you hear good things about Doctson? 

tenor.gif

Umm ... I'm happy you guys are happy about how some of our players are playing, but let's tone down the talk a bit. Keep it a bit cleaner than that, please.

Oh, Woz. There is just an emphasis on how sexually excited turtle is getting about Doctson. We understand he just wants to sing from the rooftops about Doctson and his abilities. We are just giving him the tools to rightfully express himself in that light. 

And let's ... not.

On 7/31/2017 at 4:34 PM, turtle28 said:

It was a joke.

Yes, Turtle, we know. 

21 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Seems like it's turf toe.  This is gonna suck.

How do you get turf toe in the offseason?