2023 Sign, Draft, or Promote: Starting DE

swede700

How should the Vikings handle the starting DE?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Vikings handle the starting DE?

• Re-sign Dalvin Tomlinson
    • Sign an external free agent (Specify preference in thread)
    • Draft a new starting DE
    • Promote Esezi Otomewo or James Lynch
    • Other (Specify preference in thread)

21 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

So, how does everyone feel if Bryan Bresee drops to 23, would you be in favor of drafting him for a 5 tech role? The 5tech and 3tech prospects that are first round caliber are pretty light this year.

I would likely do that.  I think they can use help all along the defensive line...but, of course, he has an injury history too.  😉  He clearly has talent though, so if he's there, as long as he clears medical, I'd be certainly fine with that.  

6 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

So, how does everyone feel if Bryan Bresee drops to 23, would you be in favor of drafting him for a 5 tech role? The 5tech and 3tech prospects that are first round caliber are pretty light this year.

He'd easily be the pick there. I imagine he goes in the 12-15 range.

• 3 weeks later...

10. The Vikings clearly want Dalvin Tomlinson back but other offers might be too high to match

The deadline for the Vikings to extend Dalvin Tomlinson before his $7.5 million dead cap hit sets in was supposed to be earlier this month but the two sides agreed to move it back. It was obvious from Adofo-Mensah’s comments that they want him back.

The price tag is not going to be easy to handle, however. There are 10 DTs who make more than $16 million per year and Tomlinson is coming off his best season in terms of pressuring opposing QBs. He could comp himself to Vita Vea, who makes $17.5 million per year.

https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/vikings/20-vikings-related-takeaways-from-the-nfl-combine