NFL HOF being watered down

bucksavage1

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Those aren't hall of famers. Just guys eligible for the ballot. 2024 is actually a really good year to get some older ballot contenders out of the way. The only guy on there that should be first ballot is Antonio Gates. Maybe Julius Peppers, but if Ware had to wait a year so should Peppers.

Gates and Peppers 100% should be first ballot. 

Ngata I can see waiting a couple years.

They’re inconsistent. There’s always been low-spectrum guys that get added, or guys that should’ve waited and didn’t. Hell, as great as Revis was, I’d have made him wait a single year. I wouldn’t put most of the current log-jammed WRs in. Ronde wouldn’t be in for me. None of the guys in that tweet besides Peppers and Gates would go in. 

But then again, I’d have also put Ware in first ballot. TO was an obvious first ballot snub. They’re making Willis wait. It’s never been super consistent and probably won’t be going forward. They pick and choose when to hold guys to a high standard and when not to.

Going to get even weirder when the time comes where we actually discuss how to view running backs (essentially none of the modern guys will have traditional HOF resumes). 

Edited by Yin-Yang

It's literally just notable guys who will be eligible next year. It's nothing to get upset about. In regards to Deion, they've been putting guys who aren't THAT good in forever lmao. There's three tiers of HOFers. There's the first ballot guys (Deion, Brady, Rice, Jim Brown), there's regular HOFers (Jim Kelly, Curtis Martin, Isaac Bruce), and there's guys who were historically significant (Red Grange, probably a ton of others who I just don't know off the top of my head).

• Like 2

Jamaal Charles at his peak is one of the best all around Rbs I have ever seen. Now is a HOF? Probably not due to lack of longevity and accolades but that guy was amazing. In 2012 he had 1500 yards rushing on one of the worst coached and worst QB’d Teams in the history of the NFL. 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

If corners had to tackle to get in the HOF, he wouldn't be in.

Also you elect a player for what they did not what they didn't do. 

Joe Thomas had one winning season.

Drew Brees had less than 1k rushing yards. If qbs had to run he wouldn't  get in.

Just now, CP3MVP said:

Jamaal Charles at his peak is one of the best all around Rbs I have ever seen. Now is a HOF? Probably not due to lack of longevity and accolades but that guy was amazing 

I'd sooner have Charles in than Gore. I prefer high peaks to longevity at mediocrity. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Thr narrative he didn't tackle is overrated

I've heard him cop to it twice in the last year. He doesn't even make excuses for it, just admits he never wanted any part of it.

If you think tackling is to cornerbacks as running is to a pocket QB like Brees, then I see where our difference of opinion comes from.