NFL HOF being watered down

bucksavage1

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

My topic is that is the HOF being watered down? There’s guys that Deion mentioned that were very good players but not in his category 

I mean, what's the cutoff? Only the best 2 or 3 ever make it?

Do you think anyone who just got voted in don't deserve it?

Your whole topic is based on you misreading a tweet. Just pump the brakes for a minute.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Thr narrative he didn't tackle is overrated

He tackled, or "tried" to at times. He just sucked at it. 

But if the tradeoff is maybe the best coverage corner ever then so be it. Nothing to get up in arms about. Payton held the ball out like a loaf of bread when he ran.  Warren Moon fumbled like crazy. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, what's the cutoff? Only the best 2 or 3 ever make it?

Do you think anyone who just got voted in don't deserve it?

Your whole topic is based on you misreading a tweet. Just pump the brakes for a minute.

I didn’t mis read anything. They don’t announce the finalists this early. It was a poor tweet to even mention those players as HOF eligible. Shefter Just tweeting for the heck

Id argue Leroy Butler and Tony Boselli is not HOF worthy. Butler had a stronger argument. Boselli absolutely doesn’t belong. 

Edited by bucksavage1

37 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I didn’t mis read anything. They don’t announce the finalists this early. It was a poor tweet to even mention those players as HOF eligible. Shefter Just tweeting for the heck

Id argue Leroy Butler and Tony Boselli is not HOF worthy. Butler had a stronger argument. Boselli absolutely doesn’t belong. 

He simply ran off a list of eligible players. He wasn't arguing for them or anything. He was doing his job.

He was arguably the best LT in football while healthy and made the 1990s All-Decade team. He's absolutely worthy.

21 hours ago, scar988 said:

Those aren't hall of famers. Just guys eligible for the ballot. 2024 is actually a really good year to get some older ballot contenders out of the way. The only guy on there that should be first ballot is Antonio Gates. Maybe Julius Peppers, but if Ware had to wait a year so should Peppers.

I haven’t looked at stats, but I’d be surprised by Peppers or Ware in the HOF. They were awesome and JP is in my fave top 3 players ever, but I didn’t think he would waltz right into Canton. 

4 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I haven’t looked at stats, but I’d be surprised by Peppers or Ware in the HOF. They were awesome and JP is in my fave top 3 players ever, but I didn’t think he would waltz right into Canton. 

Peppers probably never peaked as high as you’d have liked for a HOFer, but he was right there and is 5th all time in sacks. 

Ware undoubtedly has the resume, IMO. x4 First Team All-Pro (x3 Second Team), x9 Pro Bowler, led the league in sacks twice, was the best at some points, got his ring apart of an all-time defense. He’s just missing DPOY (probably should’ve gotten it in 08).

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Both are pretty easy Hall of Famers, especially Ware.

Yes it is. Turning into the Hall of Very Good similar to the joke that is of the Baseball HOF.

If you need to think or have a debate whether a guy is a HoFer, then he isn’t a HoFer.

That said, Gates, Ngata, and Peppers should definitely be shoe ins. Marshall, Nelson, and Charles is a joke.

Edited by RUGmen
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

Yes it is. Turning into the Hall of Very Good similar to the joke that is of the Baseball HOF.

If you need to think or have a debate whether a guy is a HoFer, then he isn’t a HoFer.

That said, Gates, Ngata, and Peppers should definitely be shoe ins. Marshall, Nelson, and Charles is a joke.

Did anyone say that Marshall, Nelson or Charles belong in the NFL HoF?