Draft Needs

onejayhawk

With the Senior Bowl over and the Super Bowl about to be, it's time to look at our draft needs. To me that raises three questions.

• Who will not be back, either in 2023 or in 2024?
  • How soon do they need to contribute and to what extent?
  • Which of those positions can addressed adequately in free agency?

This is a deep draft in positions we will need or at least want--pass rush, both Edge and IDL, TE, RB. It's deep in positions we are not feeling it--IOL, DB. It is not deep where we need it most--OT. 

How do you foresee our position in April?

I will say up front that our current group of WR--MVS, Toney, Skyy, and probably Watson--will do for another season. We have lottery tickets in the form of Justyn Ross and John Ross and another veteran on a prove-it contract is possible. I am not looking for a WR during the first two days. I would take a TE if the value is there. 

Our most pressing need is OT and it is not a strength of this draft. I am not sure what can be done in FA either. It's a dilemma.

Edge and DT are obvious wants. Nnadi make be gone. We would love him back but someone else will pay him off. More troubling, we may lose

Saunders now that he is a full rotation player on a Super Bowl team. 

I am also ready to leave or LB and DB til day#3. Basically, spend the first three picks on OT and DL.