Andy Reid

Blackstar12

3 hours ago, lancerman said:

I can’t put him over Belichick, Noll, Lombardi, Brown, Shula, Landry, or Gibbs, Halas Walsh. 

So maybe fringe top 10. But he has time to keep building his case 

I mean, he gets to continue coaching a wizard who is 27 years old and a roster which rebuilt itself last year. That resume should only get better.

-salt warning-

If you need a GOAT-trajectory QB to get the kind of respect Andy only started getting these past few years, what does that say? McNabb and Vick were no slouches. I don’t remember people gushing over Andy’s genius in Philly.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/nfl-head-coach-power-rankings-0ap1000000208735 

Top 10 all time Andy being ranked just the 10th HC heading into 2013 alone….

Not even disagreeing with notion that he is an all timer, as right away in KC even w/ Alex Smith he was coaching better than he ever did in Philly, although this “all time” talk definitely didn’t pop up until the rings, which the best QB through 5 full seasons ever played a large role in… either way I’m growing VERY bitter towards him lol. Not only did he fail time and time again to get us a ring*, he now effortlessly has KC favorites every year to win, and already has 2. I guess the same way players develop, perhaps he simply evolved as well.

*and blaming McNabb is weak because it was Andy’s choice to build around McNabb, and his hand picked heir, Kolb, was garbage

25 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

-salt warning-

If you need a GOAT-trajectory QB to get the kind of respect Andy only started getting these past few years, what does that say? McNabb and Vick were no slouches. I don’t remember people gushing over Andy’s genius in Philly.

https://www.nfl.com/photos/nfl-head-coach-power-rankings-0ap1000000208735 

Top 10 all time Andy being ranked just the 10th HC heading into 2013 alone….

Not even disagreeing with notion that he is an all timer, as right away in KC even w/ Alex Smith he was coaching better than he ever did in Philly, although this “all time” talk definitely didn’t pop up until the rings, which the best QB through 5 full seasons ever played a large role in… either way I’m growing VERY bitter towards him lol. Not only did he fail time and time again to get us a ring*, he now effortlessly has KC favorites every year to win, and already has 2. I guess the same way players develop, perhaps he simply evolved as well.

*and blaming McNabb is weak because it was Andy’s choice to build around McNabb, and his hand picked heir, Kolb, was garbage

I kinda view Kyle Shanahan as similar to Philly Reid: took the team out of the basement and built them into perennial contenders, going to multiple NFC Championships, and undeniably one of the best offensive minds in the game, but always come up short despite the talent of his teams due to questionable decisions in key situations. Hope he doesn't have to be fired after 14 years with no ring to show for it and finally win one after nabbing a future HOFer on another team and beat the Niners for one of those wins

Edited by jonnguy2015

My top 10. Please note that I'm not including Lombardi because while he is a legend and an outstanding coach, most of his glory years came in the pre-SB era and most of us just don't care about that era. No order:

Belichick

Gibbs

Parcells

Madden

Walsh

Landry

Reid

Noll

Shula

Grant

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

-salt warning-

Most all-time coaches have resumes where the bulk of which are linked to QBs.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I kinda view Kyle Shanahan as similar to Philly Reid: took the team out of the basement and built them into perennial contenders, going to multiple NFC Championships, and undeniably one of the best offensive minds in the game, but always come up short despite the talent of his teams due to questionable decisions in key situations. Hope he doesn't have to be fired after 14 years with no ring to show for it and finally win one after nabbing a future HOFer on another team and beat the Niners for one of those wins

Shanahan doesn't need a future HOFer, he just needs like a top 14-ish QB. He has the worst injury luck for his roster in the league.