The NFL is Patrick's House. How does Allen, Burrow, Watson and Herbert react in 2023?

Championshiporbust

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

I guess it's AFC QBs? Dont' know what Lawrence isn't up there over Watson though..

While it's true Mahomes just won the Super Bowl, don't let this distract you from his team only beating the Bengals and Eagles by 3 pts each. It is not like they are dominating the elite QB teams out there. I wouldn't overreact if I'm the other franchises. Stay the course, improve your roster, play a better game next time.

Chiefs had a walk-in TD less than 2 minutes left that McKinnon took a knee on to milk clock so the three point thing is a little facetious

• Like 2

Why are Watson and Herbert even in this discussion.

anyway, Mahomes stands alone as substantially better than any other QB in the NFL. It was cute all year when they tried to pretend Burrow and Allen were approaching him but now everyone can smarten up and just accept the truth. They can respond by hoping their franchises can build a team that makes up the difference between Mahomes and them or hope that the Chiefs roster declines enough where it is no longer able to help propel Mahomes’ superior talent  In playoffs. 

Mahomes is easily better but it’s still a team sport. It just really really really  helps your team to have a Mahomes 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Chiefs had a walk-in TD less than 2 minutes left that McKinnon took a knee on to milk clock so the three point thing is a little facetious

So is ignoring the fact that there would have been just under 2 minutes left on the clock for the eagles to work with.  

• Like 1

I think the real question is how will NFL teams with young franchise quarterbacks continue to build teams around them?

For the Bills and Browns, how do they continue to navigate NFL roster construction with a big QB contract on the books?

For teams like the Eagles, Ravens, Chargers, and Bengals - how will they handle the looming QB market when it comes to extending their young, franchise QBs while mapping out the roster construction challenges AFTER you have that mega contract on the books. Time will tell if some of those teams falter after their QBs are no longer on rookie contracts. Roseman (and maybe DeCosta) seems to be the most capable of handling the transition while the other situations might be more precarious.

2 hours ago, General Tso said:

You do know they let him walk that in right? And it was a one-score game, so congrats? Just take your Super Bowl victory.

Exactly, so the 3 point thing was facetious. You really think their Red Zone defense was gonna stop the Chiefs? After they hadn’t done so the entire second half? 

and trust me I’m taking this super bowl victory, it was awesome