The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

29 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

My man. Woodford Reserve can never go wrong....until it goes wrong.

I had all intensions of staying in my room in the dark to watch the game but I ended up going to my neighbors who I had not met yet because they were having an Eagles fans only superbowl party. I was already a few drinks deep when I went over but for every score we took a shot of jager. Needless to say the morning was a rough one for multiple reasons.

I am so glad I took yesterday off.  Was majorly hungover, too old to be that hungover, and obviously in a foul mood.

The recliner, my grand daughter and cartoons was good therapy.

On 2/13/2023 at 8:08 AM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The absolute most important part of the offseason starts today. We need the Cards to fall in love with Gannon if we ever want to have a chance at stopping a good QB on defense from completely running us over. 

Gannon has shown us what he is. He will do very well vs average to below average QBs and get absolutely shredded with zero benefits vs anything better. He has to go if we ever want to win that game with this staff and team. 

Yep. 100% true. We have two seasons worth of evidence that show any top QB is historically good against Gannon. His defenses do not even compete with elite QBs and he had the D completely unprepared in the SB. How the guy got a HC job is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Yep. 100% true. We have two seasons worth of evidence that show any top QB is historically good against Gannon. His defenses do not even compete with elite QBs and he had the D completely unprepared in the SB. How the guy got a HC job is beyond me. 

They probably see how Siriani manages a team and that is what they want.  Who he gets at OC and DC will be critical to his success.

5 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Ugggh.  Another thing that needs to be discussed is the lack of hot routes in this offense.  It’s time to start to give those to Jalen.  He needs to be ready.  

Yup. Whoever comes in as the new OC needs to open up the playbook for Hurts. I always felt like we had too basic of a route tree for the WRs. WR screens, go routes, curl and out routes. We hardly did anything over the middle of the field. Devonta seemed to be impacted the most out of this. We probably only targeted AJ on a slant once or twice a game. We have absolutely 0 screen plays to the RBs that worked. Im looking forward and hopeful Jalen can take that next step reading the defenses and throwing from the pocket and getting better pocket awareness so that we can completely open up the playbook.

1 hour ago, downundermike1 said:

They probably see how Siriani manages a team and that is what they want.  Who he gets at OC and DC will be critical to his success.

I have seen it speculated that he will make a better HC than coordinator. May be true and would certainly make a lot more sense as to why he was such a popular candidate the last two years. 

This has to be one of the nastiest calls our offensive staff made all year… abhorrent… run it and if you don’t get it, run it again. But the fact we ran that route combo on third and two smh.. Hurts balled out but the staff has to do a way better job next year creating better hots. That’s where Smith should come in. He’s absolutely money in those situations from the slot running branch or having the choice of breaking it inside.