The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

36 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Old news I know but SF getting THREE 3rd round comp picks in this year's draft is just asinine. There shouldn't be any way to accomplish that.

There’s a pick formula for minority coaches that leave too. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

There’s a pick formula for minority coaches that leave too. 

Yeah I know. I think that's a very flawed way of gaining significant draft capital. But I'm not looking to get into the details of it. Just disagree with a team being able to net that kind of draft resources in that fashion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I know. I think that's a very flawed way of gaining significant draft capital. But I'm not looking to get into the details of it. Just disagree with a team being able to net that kind of draft resources in that fashion.

Yea not a topic to explore. I think it’s progress though. The hope is after some of the older owners sell or die, there won’t be a need for such “rewards”. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

For those who care about such things.

Still waiting on the Slay, Bradberry, Mariotta and Williams deals.

Currently, the Eagles have used 31.3 million of 2025 cap space doing these restructured deals ( Cox, Graham and Kelce ) and added ZERO players to the 2025 roster.

So about 11% (obviously more to come) or so of the cap sacrificed in 2025 for an otherwise impossible way to add talent to your roster today. And Howie gets blasted for this? Inconceivable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Cooks going to Dallas

If he’s healthy Brandin is a good #2. Texans also ate 6 million of his guaranteed. This is a nice addition for a low price which frees them up to probably go OL or maybe best weapon. Really hoping they don’t get Bijan. 

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Cooks going to Dallas

I’d like to see some numbers on Cooks “big play” ability anymore. Of course he was in a terrible situation but seems to me as if he’s slowed down some these past couple seasons.  

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’d like to see some numbers on Cooks “big play” ability anymore. Of course he was in a terrible situation but seems to me as if he’s slowed down some these past couple seasons.  

I chalk it up as another mainstream news breaker talking up nearly any guy you've heard of before. Nice addition for them but I'm not sure how much this really moves the needle.

44 minutes ago, downundermike said:

For those who care about such things.

Still waiting on the Slay, Bradberry, Mariotta and Williams deals.

Currently, the Eagles have used 31.3 million of 2025 cap space doing these restructured deals ( Cox, Graham and Kelce ) and added ZERO players to the 2025 roster.

Fire Howie! 

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

So about 11% (obviously more to come) or so of the cap sacrificed in 2025 for an otherwise impossible way to add talent to your roster today. And Howie gets blasted for this? Inconceivable. 

Also doesn't have the big hurts contract or smitty's on there. We've used up over 10% of our future cap for players who won't be here. I know most fans don't care, but it's a dangerous way to do business. Ask the rams 

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I chalk it up as another mainstream news breaker talking up nearly any guy you've heard of before. Nice addition for them but I'm not sure how much this really moves the needle.

He's been a pass around his whole career hasn't he? Like sticks nowhere long but has been productive 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea not a topic to explore. I think it’s progress though. The hope is after some of the older owners sell or die, there won’t be a need for such “rewards”. 

Yeah, it’s ideally a temporary solution. And it seems to be working, decent shot if we do well that Desai and Johnson would net us some in a few years. 

At the very least it seems to be helping with relegating some of those crappy retreads from falling back to getting HC jobs and even coordinator jobs you have to bottom out to get rid of.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Any interest in Zach Cunningham, Denzel Perryman, Anthony Walker, Yannick Ngakoue, Frank Clark, Chris Wormley, Dawaune Smoot, Ashawn Robinson, Rasheed Green, Matt Ioannidis, Andrew Van Ginkel, Taylor Rapp, John Johnson, Mecole Hardman? I list these guys because I have varying levels of interest in them and they all graded at least fairly well per PFF and all are 30 or younger.

Ngakoue, Clark, Loannidis & Hardman I like from that list. 

• Like 1