The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

First off, through Jalen Hurts… all things are possible.

11-6 is nothing to sneeze at.  it’s because of him and the rest of the offense I have them going 11-6.  He’s not some all time great QB that will carry a team to a SB every year regardless of the roster.  I think he’s being overrated to a degree.  Again, 11-6 is a real good season.  

10 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

11-6 is nothing to sneeze at.  it’s because of him and the rest of the offense I have them going 11-6.  He’s not some all time great QB that will carry a team to a SB every year regardless of the roster.  I think he’s being overrated to a degree.  Again, 11-6 is a real good season.  

Just memeing

But yeah…This NFC field, just get me to the playoffs. Like our chances from there.

46 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

All of those I listed as a reason for them taking a step back and winning ONLY 11 games next year.   I got flamed for it.  LOL

11 wins sounds about right to me from what I'd expect.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Seems like they weren't on the same page before the agency tweeted lies. Lol makes them look even worse now. 

Sucks CGJ is caught up in it but it is what it is at this point

No way.  A player tweeted that THE CAP is the reason he did not re sign with the team.

It's almost like someone here said it was an issue.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No way.  A player tweeted that THE CAP is the reason he did not re sign with the team.

It's almost like someone here said it was an issue.

Seems like him and his agent have the same IQ and they are trying to cover up the fact they thought he was worth an AAV of 16M.

...but go off on the cap - beat that drum, pat yourself on the back, pound your chest, do whatever makes you feel better about yourself. 

#FIREHOWIE

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Seems like him and his agent have the same IQ and they are trying to cover up the fact they thought he was worth an AAV of 16M.

...but go off on the cap - beat that drum, pat yourself on the back, pound your chest, do whatever makes you feel better about yourself. 

#FIREHOWIE

Why hasn't Bradberry signed his deal yet ??  He agreed to terms 5 days ago.

Because Howie has still not sorted out the Slay restructure, and Bradberry can not sign a deal that puts the Eagles over the cap.

2 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

I'm not sure who is dumber, CJGJ or his agent.  

If the Eagles had say, 40 million in dead cap instead of 54 million, that deal would have been done the second the legal tampering period started, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Well, so far that is pretty much the case. Personally I’m annoyed at the fact that so far we are way worse on defense than the people that point it out.

So far, the off season has been quite disappointing, I get that we were going to get worse regardless, but we chose to resign and extend players at 30 and older and this reeks of past mistakes of getting  too attached to older and declining players. The Cox contract looks worse and would much rather pay those 10M to CJGJ, same with the Slay contract.

I mean we are undeniably worse on defense right now compared to last year. Still a long way to go so we'll have to wait and see. But the spine of the defense is just atrocious right now. 

53 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why hasn't Bradberry signed his deal yet ??  He agreed to terms 5 days ago.

Because Howie has still not sorted out the Slay restructure, and Bradberry can not sign a deal that puts the Eagles over the cap.

I just seen a YouTube short or TikTok of JB signing and saying let's get back to work blah blah blah stuff they normally say

Days ago

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh