The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

30 minutes ago, eagles91 said:

A snapshot in time.

Please break down a good team with an ideal cap next.

KC has the least dead cap this year and just won the bowl....does that count?

Edited by Shalodeep
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Kempski mentioned it in a piece he just wrote and I think a few of the Justin Evans reports had a disclaimer that the Eagles weren't done at safety.

I read that there’s assumptions they weren’t done at safety, I think that much is obvious.  Was just curious if you had anything more substantial.  

Please tell me you have more than phone calls and foot lockers.    

Edited by 4for4PhillyFan
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, eagles91 said:

A snapshot in time.

Please break down a good team with an ideal cap next.

15 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

KC has the least dead cap this year and just won the bowl....does that count?

Exactly.

They have 7.5 dead cap this year, and none on the books the next two years.

They also have twice as much cap space next year, their franchise QB under contract already, and more draft picks than the Eagles this year.

I have a drinking “problem”. I get up everyday. Drive my own car. Go to my lucrative job for my successful career. Return to my own home. Workout, pay my bills. My health and wealth are great. Do I have a drinking problem? Or is it just perception? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I have a drinking “problem”. I get up everyday. Drive my own car. Go to my lucrative job for my successful career. Return to my own home. Workout, pay my bills. My health and wealth are great. Do I have a drinking problem? Or is it just perception? 

Health will deteriorate over time and when it does catch up, the price you pay will probably be everything positive in your life....does that answer your question? Wife is a nurse who specializes in helping people with addictions lol picked a real bad example to equate to the cap my friend because it doesn't fit. The real fit would be "I haven't had a mortgage at this point, and have lived a luxurious lifestyle the last few years. The house I've been renting a room from is about to become my financial responsibility (QB contracts)...problem is I spend from my bill money every paycheck, and have had the mentality I'll just put it on the credit card. Now that the responsibility is my own, my credit card payments are equal to my payments. I can now afford the house and the credit card, but will have to get a cheaper car and lessen my lifestyle spending. I can not continue to have my cake and eat it too, but am unwilling to step back and regroup my finances until the credit cards are caught up "

Edited by Shalodeep

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Exactly.

They have 7.5 dead cap this year, and none on the books the next two years.

They also have twice as much cap space next year, their franchise QB under contract already, and more draft picks than the Eagles this year.

KC is set to run with familiar faces back to the SB for the next five years and beyond while we rob Peter to pay Paul to get 53 competent players on the roster 

• Like 1

Who needs to compete for Super Bowls when you can win the Salary Cap championship?! 

You guys are brutal - you'd swear we just came off the worst season in franchise history and we're going to repeat that based on the moves made - BUT BUT BUT THE DEAD CAP HOW COULD WE EVER COMPETE WITH THE DEAD CAP?!?!?!? 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Who needs to compete for Super Bowls when you can win the Salary Cap championship?! 

You guys are brutal - you'd swear we just came off the worst season in franchise history and we're going to repeat that based on the moves made - BUT BUT BUT THE DEAD CAP HOW COULD WE EVER COMPETE WITH THE DEAD CAP?!?!?!? 

Worked for KC and I will remind you of this over and over again. They are the standard now and we may have just been a blip on the radar if we can't afford to keep 26 yo starters 

Edited by Shalodeep

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Worked for KC 

You're right - cut everyone, let's embrace losing but being the Salary Cap champions like the Bears, Texans, Cardinals, Falcons and Panthers; they're all super competitive and played meaningful games after Thanksgiving. If they can do then we can do it!

#FIREHOWIE #WEWANT2LOSE4CAP

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You're right - cut everyone, let's embrace losing but being the Salary Cap champions like the Bears, Texans, Cardinals, Falcons and Panthers; they're all super competitive and played meaningful games after Thanksgiving. If they can do then we can do it!

#FIREHOWIE #WEWANT2LOSE4CAP

I'll embrace having 11 picks, a Superbowl ring, and draft well enough for rookies to start everywhere so I don't have to give away retirement funds

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Oh personal attacks, the first of many I am sure - bring on the gang!

You decided to bring my wife up. She's pretty brilliant. Everything you can say at this point has just been on repeat with no substance.  Every board has one of you 

• Like 2